Used To Being Alone

~She got used to being alone~
-Justin Bieber
——-
I woke up in cold sweat, shaking and afraid.
This dream... I have had it every night since the after I turned eleven. I don't exactly know why, but on my eleventh birthday changed everything. And no, not puberty but something much more.... dramatic.

I was woken up by harsh breathing, "get up", I jolted up as big rough calloused hands grabbed my arm, "NOW little girl, I don't have all day"

I was woken up by harsh breathing, "get up", I jolted up as big rough calloused hands grabbed my arm, "NOW little girl, I don't have all day". He then threw me to the floor as he laugh.
"Pft, just pathetic", I scowled up at him ready to say something when..
" oh Jeremiah honey", she comes to stand over me with a deceiving grin. "It's the poor girls birthday don't you think you should be a little bit nice",she laughs in an mocking manner.
She just sits there as her son abuses me and laughs about it. The thought makes me mad.
"Go get dressed and do the dishes", she pulls me up. "Now I have guest coming over tonight and I want the house spotless".
"B-but it's my birthday today. I k-kinda thought we were going to do something", I look up at her with innocent hopeful  eyes hoping she would say yes just this once... but then again I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, knowing whom I'm dealing with!
Her smile Then disappears, not that it was real anyways. She steps closer to me. Dangerously close.
"Hah no way in hell are you getting anything", she steps closer, "I give you Shelter a whole a bed to sleep on, FOOD, that should be enough eh". 
She and her god-awful son leave the room cackling like something was funny.
I barely eat and the supposed "bed" is a crusty mattress on the basement floor!!
Sighing to myself I got up reluctantly and made my way to the shower.
Sitting there made me realize how shitty my life is. I think about how life would be if I had parents who actually loved me, siblings to-
*BANG BANG
"Hurry the hell up in there before I come get you myself"!
I whip my head towards the door angrily.
" leave me the hell alone Jeremiah". I shout out angrily. "What the fuck did you just say to me little girl??" He continued banging.
"Just leave me alone"
I screamed the loudest I've ever had, breaking the window behind me.  Shards of glass fly all over, succeeding in hitting my cheek lightly. I winced as I broke out of the trance I was in. I looked around to see the water rising but I was way to livid to pay attention to it. The door bangs harshly against the wall behind it, exposing the terrified faces of Mrs. Martha and her terrible son.

(Flashback ends)———— Hoped you guys enjoyed this!!!Stayed tuned for more 🤭

(Flashback ends)
————
Hoped you guys enjoyed this!!!
Stayed tuned for more 🤭