Chapter Two - The Epitome of Clumsy

I'm not quite sure about this chapter, that's why I've been delaying an update

I'm not quite sure about this chapter, that's why I've been delaying an update. I don't want to change much, therefore I left the beginning very similar to before. But it doesn't sit well with me. Your thoughts on it? Should I remove it?
Do tell.

_____

Nefarious.

Chapter Two —
The Epitome of Clumsy

According to Wikipedia, "nerd" is a descriptive term,  indicating that a person is overly intellectual, obsessive, or socially impaired— or even just boringly studious.

I had called myself a nerd, because was I overly intellectual? Apparently so.

Was I obsessive? Well, no.
Okay, yes, but only once I'd love something, I'd always pay my full attention to it. I preferred the term passionate.

Was I socially impaired? I had always been more shy than anti social. 

"They may spend inordinate amounts of time on unpopular, obscure, or non-mainstream activities, which are generally either highly technical or relating to topics of fiction or fantasy."

I liked to read. Was that an unpopular thing to do? Not at all.  I hadn't done anything obscure, being a pretty boring and plain person, not having any special talents, so I'd never had non-mainstream activities which are highly technical.

Fiction and fantasy, on the other hand — a humongous yes, please.

"Many nerds are described as being shy, quirky, and unattractive, and may have difficulty participating in, or even following, sports."

True, true. I liked to think that quirky meant original, different, weird and unconventional. A lot of people told me I had a quirky personality, so I believed it to be a good thing to be such. Everyone is weird in their own way. As for being unattractive; the truth is,  every single person is attractive, no matter what one person thought about you, there'd be another who'd think you're beautiful.  I also strongly believed in the saying;

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

On a scale of one to ten, I would consider myself a six.. surely a seven on certain days. That's just how it was.

As for sports — it wasn't my thing.

They also say; "Originally, "Nerd" is a stereotypical term, but has been reclaimed and redefined by some as a term of "pride" and group identity."

When I was younger, just entering my teenage years, being called a nerd affected me in a negative way. But I'd grown to realise that I wouldn't have ever wanted to be popular or to even have many friends. It just wasn't me.  I would rather be shy, quirky, intellectual, socially impaired, and everything else they'd call me, because the little details about everyone made up who they are.