Part 1

Tara's Diary

Monday, 9th Sep 2013

10 pm

Dear Diary,

You are my best friend. You know each and every thing about me. You are the only one in this whole world who knows me completely. You know all the stuff about me, stuff that I never shared with anyone is also known to you. You know who truly I am - confused, shy and many more such kinds of words are short to describe me. But I am somewhat optimistic also, who has a heart which loves her family, friends and ... him.

Ouch...I am sorry. I am extremely sorry I never told you about him...Yes, I had a crush on him... Or I still have a crush on him...

My dear diary let me tell you about this one and only secret which I never told you.

It happened 10 years back...Yes, it's been a long time...and I hid this from you all this time. I never talk about this even to myself after I completed my schooling. But still, there is some part of my heart that still wants him.

Ten years ago I moved to this beautiful place after my dad took a transfer from Mumbai. It's a small place but has importance in the country's map. It is a calm and quiet place surrounded by forests and beautiful scenery. Weather here is never too hot nor too cold. For me it's the most beautiful place I have ever seen and my dad calls this place Mini Shimla.

New place, new school. I got admission in the 8th standard in St. Louis School. I joined school in the middle of the session, gradually made some friends and started to know my new school.

When results came after my first exam in the 8th standard that was the first time I heard this name MRITYUNJAY SINGH SHEKHAWAT. He was the topper of 8th standard. I was curious to know more about him but whom to ask about him and in this thought, months passed and I left this question on time.

In my 9th standard, our school implemented new rules. These rules were to put students in class according to their percentage. Firstly I didn't like this thought as I called it discrimination among students. It's difficult for a shy person to survive in a new environment.

I entered my new class with a heavy heart. Slowly I moved towards the third bench. Then a girl entered and she came and sat beside me. She was Meethi. She was a lovely girl, she made friends very fast and so we became friends. I told her that I didn't know anybody in class and could she please help me in knowing the names of our classmates.

She started telling me the names of our new classmates by pointing them out. She knows all of them as she is born and brought up here and had been studying in this school from the first standard.

Meethi said, "See that's Aditya, Yug, Vasu and that is Mrityunjay and that ..."

She continued pointing out other classmates but I stopped listening to her after hearing his name "Mrityunjay."

What! I am in his class... I never know what made say this. But I was happy though I didn't know why.

Mrityunjay was the topper of our batch. He was the son of a rich businessman. He was intelligent, smart, good at communication skills and also good in music. I just saw him and continued my talk with Meethi. I didn't give any second thought about him. And my chatting continued with Meethi for the whole first day of school.

From the next day, it was a regular school for me - come to school, study and go home. But to this regular school, something got added to my habit... and it was adoring Mrityunjay...Yes, it became a habit for me to adore him. It was easy for me to adore him without getting caught by anyone as I was on the third bench in the first column and he was on the first bench middle column. So while classes were going on, I used to adore him while pretending to look at the teacher teaching.