Part 3

Tara's Diary

Tuesday, 8th Apr 2014

10 pm

Dear Diary,

Today I got a call from Meethi informing me about the reunion party that is to be held tomorrow. I am too excited to attend this party. After a long time I am going to see my school, meet my teachers because of whom now I am a teacher and of course will meet my old friends.

Life in all these years has changed too much. Now we don't have summer vacation, Diwali vacation, and no holidays after exams. School days were the best days of my life. Everything was done at a specific time - exams in March, new session in April, summer vacation in May and June, then again school re-opened and then Diwali vacation. Now each day is an exam, no pre-determined day is held with pre-determined syllabus. I miss them all.

Meethi and I were cherishing all those sweet memories of school days after she informed me about the reunion party. All our friends are coming to the party. He will also come. Will HE come?? Don't know but I want to see him at least once.

This desire to see him is always there in my heart. I know he is not mine and I don't know who he likes or with whom he is now. He must be having a pretty woman at his side, who would be beautiful, excellent in her field and rich. I am happy for him.

But still somewhere in my heart, there is a desire to get noticed by him at the party.

I tried many dresses today in the evening for tomorrow's party but I found none of them appropriate. Some are too heavy, others are too loud for the party. I am very confused about what to wear tomorrow?? I need to look good, he is coming. I need to be at least presentable in front of him.

How he must be looking after so many years?... Is it possible that he might have kept a beard or just a moustache?? Or he might have coloured his hair some brown or red?? He might have grown fat or thin... Does he still look handsome and bear that killer smile?? How will I recognize him tomorrow??

It is easy to recognize him in the crowd!!! I have an Idea! I will tell Meethi to make Mrityunjay sing a song. So when he sings I can adore him secretly from one corner and live that moment to its fullest.

Time is flying today with greater speed than ever. Waiting for tomorrow.

Hope tomorrow's sun brings new hope in everyone's life.

Yours

Tara

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrityunjay's Diary

Tuesday, 8th Apr 2014

10 pm

Dear Diary,

Sometimes I wonder why time acts partially. When we want time to fly, it stays as it is and moves really very slowly and when we want it to stay, it flies.

I am waiting for tomorrow's reunion party and today seems to have forgotten to move. Each second is taking ten minutes to pass. I checked my watch, my mobile, my laptop, all watches show the same time. To confirm that my gadgets are working fine I even checked my subordinate's watch but alas... it's also showing the same time. When is tomorrow going to come??? When??

Now I am in the car moving towards my home town to attend tomorrow's party. I will be there in four hours.

In all these years life has become a rat race. We all are running to grab our piece of pie. I too am a part of this race. Life was simpler when I was in school. I always knew the result of each exam before giving it, that I am going to be the topper. But for tomorrow's exam I am not sure what is going to be the result...?

She is coming tomorrow and she is the only one who can make me topper or loser. She is coming ...She is coming??? She is a shy person and in school days I had rarely seen her going to birthday parties of our classmates. But I want her to come to the party tomorrow. My whole life is resting on her one reply.

After so many years, how she might be looking??? Whenever I close my eyes I see her smiling. Her broad eyes always call me... her sweet smile gives rest to my restless heart...

How am I going to recognize her tomorrow?? There will be so much crowd tomorrow at school, how will I find her?? Idea!!! Adi!!! Yes I am going to tell Adi to make Tara sing a song. I can recognize her voice even in a crowd of thousands ...Her voice has grace.

I don't know how I am going to tell her what I feel for her. What would be her response to this?? But one thing that I am sure is I love her ...her simplicity and I am ready to accept any response of hers from NO to YES.

Oh Time you are a mystery, sometimes you fly, sometimes you stay still.

If once in life I could control how fast you fly then I would like that to be today because this wait is unbearable.

In Wait.

Yours

Mrityunjay

Radio playing

~Tumse milne ki tamana hai pyaar ka irada hai

Aur ek wada hai jaanam

Jo kabhi hum mile toh zamana dekhega apna pyaar

O mere yaar ...O mere yaar~