[10] Fujiwara: The Beginning

Fujiwara: The Beginning

I waited until my mom and dad went to sleep. They would suspect me to be in bed since I was merely a seven year old child.

I snuck into my father's gun cabinet, and took out a silencer and a revolver. I quietly went upstairs to their bedroom. My life was boring. I wanted something new, and my parents are a hinderance. I held the gun to my father's head and shot it. My mother turned a bit, but she didn't notice. I held it to her head and pulled the trigger.

Dead. Both of them. I went to turn on the radio as the infamous song came up.

I've been cheated by you and I think you know when...

So I've made up my mind, it must come to an end...

Look at me now, will I ever learn...?

I don't know how, but I suddenly lose control...

There's a fire within my soul...

I went to open the door and broke stuff in the house to make it look like some form of robbery. I felt emotionless. Was there something wrong with me?

I picked up the phone to call the police. I will finally be free.

-

It was a fortunate event when I got hired to be in a independent film which lead me to a more successful career. It was filled with so much fake emotions, but it kept me living. It kept me feeling like I had a purpose. I'm sure my parents would be proud.

Everyone saw me as a kind hearted individual that gave to charity, loved his girlfriends, and a very humble celebrity. However, deep inside I was nothing but a hollow man that didn't know how to feel.

-

Girlfriend after girlfriend would pile on me. When they suffered through a death in the family they would cry to me. I felt no sympathy or empathy towards anyone. Is sadness really an emotion that could last for long? I didn't feel any of it.

I've killed my pets multiple times to see if a form of dread would devour me, but it didn't. Maybe I'm not human. Maybe I'm a monster. I just wanted to feel something for once.

Fame and money. That's all that kept me going. It was the only thing that made my blood rush with excitement. That lasted for quite some time, but eventually that fire burnt out as well.

Animals and pets made me feel nothing, so eventually I moved to humans. I would disguise myself all the time to look for homeless people on the street. I would stab them when they were in the alleyway. I would lead them to an unknown forest by using money as bait. I did it all, but nothing. I'm meant to feel nothing huh?

-

I scribbled down in my journal. I've killed over fifty animals and twenty homeless people. What is wrong with me? I think about being the villain in a movie, and having to act out the killing scenes. They were filled with adrenaline, but the buzz was shortly lived since it wasn't real.

Humans sure are fooled easily. They don't know a sociopath is amongst them during the sets. I played a character I am in real life. It was fun I guess.

-

When I met my current girlfriend during a scene, I felt I finally fell in love somehow. She eventually stopped acting and went to modeling so we didn't get as much time together, but she made me feel somewhat human.

"I love you." She whispered one night.

That was the first time someone said they loved me. Normally the relationship ends before that cheesy line could be uttered. Could I potentially love her too?

-

The night I killed my girlfriend by accident made me feel anxiety. I didn't do it on purpose. I didn't want to kill her in fear it will ruin the only thing I got going for me. My acting job.

I felt sadness a bit, but then I knew she was an unfaithful person during our relationship. I wanted to kill her plenty of times, but she was untouchable. Now that it finally happened, it made me sick. I will not get caught.

-

The one night stand with Ryota was disgusting. I have never wanted sex before. I couldn't believe that alcohol had gotten me so typical to have sex with someone, let alone a man. I didn't know what came over my body when I agreed to meet him at his hotel room.

Instantly when I saw Ryota, I knew he was one of the men that my girlfriend slept with. His face was recognizable from a mile away. I had no feelings towards him, and maybe ruining someone's life would finally make me feel something. My girlfriend was dumb enough to have kept his number in her wallet which was the same as the number he gave me. How can someone be so brainless?

-

I was on set once again getting my makeup done. My mind was thinking of the police arresting Ryota for the murder. He could never tie it back to me. He really thought I am some brown hair, gray eyed man named Fuji. He was just be a complete moron. I even went out of my way to carry a fake identification card. My tracks are clean.

"Hide!" My manager rushed in. "A detective is here. He wants to speak to you."

My heart leaped a bit. What could this be about? I went out into the lobby of the building to see a detective there.

"Hello Matsuda Hide?" He asked.

"Yes?"

"We need you to face the killer of Miyori."

I wanted to laugh out so badly, but I kept it calm. "Very well." I said.

-

I stared at Ryota through the one way window. He looked tired and confused. I felt almost happy inside.

"Who even is this man?" I said as I put on an act.

"We aren't 100% sure he's the killer, but we took you here for a lie detector test. You know, just to be sure you're in the clear."

"Very well." I nodded and knew the adventure is just starting.

To Be Continued