Chapter 4: Treatment

Sorry this took so long!!!

When Dean woke he felt disorientated until he felt pressure on his chest. He looked down to see a sleeping Castiel, he smiled at the sleeping boy and reached over carefully to get his phone from the bedside table.

Dean: Hey mom, do I have to go to school?

Mary: No, honey, you look after Castiel I will get Sammy to get you and Castiel's homework and we will come by later, ok?

Dean: Ok thanks mom.

Mary: It's ok, Dean.

Dean put his phone away smiling and moved back down into the bed trying not to wake Castiel. After Dean had settled back down into the bed, he drifted off back to sleep. One hour later, Castiel woke up in Dean's arms, he curled into Dean's arms more wanting to be closer, he checked the time and jumped when it read 9:15. He quickly shook Dean awake.

"What? What's happening? Is something wrong?" Dean mumbled sleepily.

"Dean you need to get to school! You're late already!" Castiel whisper-yelled at Dean.

"Nah mom said I can stay off and look after you. They're starting your treatment at noon." Dean said pulling Castiel closer. "I still will have to go home to get my guitar though, baby." Dean whispered.

"You play guitar?" Castiel exclaimed.

"Yeah you can sing and draw, I can play guitar." Dean shrugged.

"Wait. Why can't your mom or Sammy get your guitar?" Castiel asked his head tilting to the side.

"Because I don't want them in my room!" Dean said poking Castiel's sides, while Castiel giggled.

"Why? What do you have in there?" Castiel smirked, waggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Ew! No that's disgusting!" Dean said laughing and slapping Castiel's arm playfully. Castiel laughed too before snuggling back into Dean. Dean laughed again softly, they lied like this until Matt walked into the room, once he saw the boys on the bed he smiled.

"Castiel we have decided to start your treatment now if that's ok?" Matt asked. Castiel nodded still pressed against Dean, who held Castiel tighter after feeling him tense up a little.

"First I'm going to give you a low molecular weight heparin injection. Then you will need to take warfarin tablets for about 3 months maybe longer. At the moment we're thinking you will need to take 3 warfarin tablets a day. Morning, noon and before bed. But we will take regular blood tests to determine whether its the right dosage or not. Do you have any questions?" Matt explained.

"Are there any side effects?" Dean asked

"Sadly yes. And quite a few, however, you will not experience all of them, the ones you are most likely to encounter are headaches, nausea and vomiting and bleeding problems, i.e if you get cut you will bleed for longer, you will bruise easier, that sort of thing. So nothing to worry about really. Anyway we will start with the injection. You will have one of these a day for 3 days. Ok? I will be back with the injection in a minute." Matt turned and walked out of the door.

"Dean, I don't want to have an injection! I'm scared." Castiel said looking up at Dean with tears pooling in his fear ridden eyes.

" Don't worry, babe. I'll be right here the whole time." Dean cooed pushing Castiel's hair out of his eyes and leaning forward to press a light kiss to Castiel's lips. Castiel was still trying to calm down when Matt came back into the room brandishing a needle.