Chapter 4 - The Realisation

We both walk home together and since my mom is working late tonight I said that she could stay over. We could finally talk comfortably with each other now that our secrets were out. "How could you even see my aura anyway? I thought I was the only one who could do that..." I say, turning to her as we both sit on my bed, hugging pillows in our arms. "Ooh maybe we're like twins or something" Seung-Yoon deadpans, sending us both into a fit of giggles that lasts until we both drift off to sleep.

I groan sleepily as I wake to the sound of Seung-Yoon imitating an alarm clock right into my ear. "I'm up I'm up now stop it" I rub my ear in pain, the ringing still lingering. Seung-Yoon runs into the shower as I head downstairs and cook up some breakfast for the both of us. Eventually we have to head off to school, and we walk together, basking in our new-found friendship. Just like before, we arrive to Taeyong standing in the doorway only this time there is no smile. My eyes dart to the side, attention turning momentarily to the crowds of gossiping girls shoving past me but when I look back, he's gone. Desperately, I look around, scanning every possible exit. He's nowhere to be seen. I sigh and rub my eyes - I'm probably just tired from the way I was woken this morning. That's the only explanation.

He isn't in homeroom but I spot him at lunch and feel slightly comforted that I hadn't just imagined the entire debacle this morning. But I couldn't help but wonder why he'd left in such a hurry, and this thought remained in my head all day. Had I done something? Throughout chemistry Seung-Yoon and I spoke about our powers and our spells that we know which managed to divert my thoughts, if only for an hour. I really hope I don't have to move schools for a while because I'm actually starting to enjoy her company. It's the end of the day and yet she still has enough energy to talk non stop without even taking a breath. Smiling, I continue to listen to her enthusiastic jabbering.

On the way home we continue our conversation until we get to my front yard. "See ya later my witch bitch!" Seung-Yoon laughs. I chuckle as I wave her goodbye and go inside. Since my mom is working late again tonight I get changed and head to the shop to restock the fridge. The fluorescent shop lights flicker above me, sending an involuntary chill down my spine and making my stomach flutter with nervousness. Something I'd never experienced before seemed to click in my mind, and a voice within me told me someone nearby is in pain. Not knowing what else to do, I dropped my shopping basket on the ground and headed back outside, following the voice. Looking around, all I could see was a figure wearing a black jumper with a hood covering their face. With my heart racing, I quietly ask if they're okay and watch as the sweat on their face glistens in the dim street-lights like tiny diamonds. They don't answer but instead pull in a sharp intake of breath and curve their body to face me. I apprehensively head closer, trying to make out a face under the hood...

I blink for a second and my neck hairs stand on end as a cold breath flows down my throat. "Hey! get off me!" his wet tongue glides up my neck and I feel sharp needles protruding into my skin. That's when I spot it, that aura, similar to the night class students and... Taeyong. Are they some sort of cult?! Stars shudder in front of my eyes until they begin to roll back into my head and I collapse on the cobblestone. 

---------------------------------

It's been a long time but I'm finally back! I was occupied with exams and getting prepared for college but I now have time to write these again! I hope you like this new chapter! 

its pretty obvious but what are they?? ooh it's a mystery... if there's anything you guys think should be put into the story then comment and I'll definitely take them all into consideration and try to implement them in!

This witxh is out baiii