Chapter 14

*EDITED*         I had fallen asleep in Luke's bed since every other person in this house was awkward now. Michael thought that I had feelings for him, and maybe I did, but I just couldn't right now. Everything was so incredibly stressful and I just can't deal with any kind of hardcore relationship right now. 

     Ashton refused to believe that I wasn't his mate anymore. It really upset me because we had sex together. It wasn't right how I kind of just...left him hanging, but I'll admit, everything happened so fast. I mean, it's only been a few days and I've already became a "vampire", lost my virginity, and basically led on two guys that I barely know. I'm officially a part time whore.

      Calum wasn't exactly involved in anything that was happening. Yeah, he's been at the house, but he's kept his distance which I guess is a better choice.

     I rolled to the side expecting to find Luke on his phone or something, but no. He was actually sleeping. It must've been something to do with his sudden heartbeat that gave him. It was weird that I all of a sudden had so many powers. I could teleport, conflict pain, and give an immortal a heartbeat. I know how I can conflict pain, but the heartbeat thing is a mystery. 

"Luke," I whispered as I lightly pushed his shoulder. He slightly grunted. "Luke, you're sleeping."

"Well, I'm not anymore," he groggily stuttered. I giggled as he turned around to face me. His eyes were slightly squinted. The sun from the morning was barely shining through the shades, but it reflected off of his shimmery blue eyes. I huffed and cuddled up to Luke's chest. His body had a slight warmth radiating off of it which was nice considering he wasn't ice cold anymore.

"What even is this relationship," Luke said with a slight giggle as he placed his arms over his head and looked away from the window by the bed since the light shown bright through it. 

"I don't know, but I like it. It's like, we hated each other, and now we're, like, best friends that have unpredictable sleep overs, but I like it."

"Yeah, me too." 

I sighed once again before I got out of the bed. I've been so unproductive recently and I needed to do something, but the effort was just, ugh. 

     I walked over to the dresser and grabbed the TV remote. Watching the news and catching up would be nice. I clicked the "power" button and the TV screen came on. It was cartoons. "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" to be exact. I rolled my eyes and clicked the button to change the channel. The news appeared and I turned up the television volume. 

"...D.C. News Report has new information on the Reesce trial. Meanwhile, the search continues. Channing Caroline Reesce, nineteen year old from Conyers, Georgia, disappears with no trace of where she has gone to. Her parents are on a wild goose chase as they continue to search for their missing daughter, whose car was found empty on a back-road in Georgia. The area is not allowed to be publicized due to privacy purposes. Supposed best friend of Channing was found dead the night of Channing's disappearance. The cause of death is unidentifiable and we cannot share any information of her guessed suicide until further information is recovered and can be confirmed. Based on background checks, Katie Paris had just returned from her recent visit in Florida..."

     My heart completely stopped as I listened to the news reporter talk about Katie who was now dead. I wanted to cry. I turned around to Luke who blankly stared at the television. He glared at me for a moment and then turned off the TV because he saw the tears welling in my eyes. 

"Channing," Luke said as he reached forward and issued for me to place myself in his arms. He pulled me tightly to his chest. 

"That's a report from fucking D.C., Luke!" 

"We're in D.C.," Luke chuckled. I pushed away from his body.

"W--what," I mumbled. 

"We're in D.C. right now." I furrowed my eyebrows and closed my eyes in deep thought. A few days ago when I teleported from the camp, I just wanted to be where Michael was. I guess he was in D.C. I shook my head and placed my face in my hands and let a tear roll down my cheek and onto my palm. I huffed and sat up. 

"I really need to take a shower," I said in monotone as I ran my hand through my oily hair and tried to block out any memories of Katie. 

"I mean, there's a bathroom right there," Luke said as he gestured toward the bathroom door. I contemplated what to do. I wanted to take a shower, but the feeling of being alone just, disturbed me. 

"Luke," I asked while looking down at the mattress. He looked at me expectantly waiting for me to reply. "Will you sit in the bathroom with me?" His cheeks turned a bright red and I could tell that he was contemplating what to say. "Not in that way! I just don't want to be alone," I said while I rubbed my arm. 

"Yeah, uh, I guess." I smiled in appreciation as we walked over to the bathroom. I ruffled my nasty hair as I stared at my un-presentable face in the mirror. 

"God, I am so sorry that you had to see me like this," I lectured. Luke just chuckled and grabbed a towel from under the sink for me. I placed it on the toilet lid and then began to remove my clothing. Well, everything but my underwear and bra. That could wait until I was behind the curtain. 

Luke shouted, "What the hell, Channing! Are you really stripping in front of me?!"

I decided to mess around with him, "What, your virgin eyes can't handle it?"

"That was cold."

I giggled, "I'm just kidding, Luke! Lighten up!" He sat down on top of my towel that was placed on the toilet seat. After I was concealed behind the shower curtain, I removed my bra and underwear and playfully threw them at Luke. 

"You're a bitch, Channing," Luke said as he began to play music from his phone. The song "I'm Not The Only One" by Sam Smith began to play through his phone speaker. 

     I immediately got zoned out in the music and started to sing with great force. 

You say I'm crazy.
Cause you don't think I know what you've done.
But when you call me baby,
I know I'm not the only one. 

"How come you never told us that you could sing," Luke shouted and removed me from my hypnosis. 

"Oh, shit. I usually don't sing in front of anyone."

"You sounded great though. Go again."

     Luke sang the chorus with me with a little harmonization and it actually sounded pretty good. 

I finished showering and put on some of Luke's boxers and shirt and we went to get breakfast, which, for once, was a bowl of Rice Crispies instead of blood. 

A/N        YAY UPDATE...sucks tho, right? My preference book was posted! It's gonna be something I do if I can't find any ideas to update this book or any others that I write in the future. Nobody helped me with the update....#salty....XD JK I love you guys. It's was a month on September 19th since I was at the concert on the 19th of August. I was so depressed and it was a Friday and I had to go to homecoming. no. Anyway...I hope you like my God awful update. xoxo :)