Black- Matte

🌚🍋 🌚🍋 🌚🍋 🌚🍋 🌚🍋 🌚🍋 🌚🍋 🌚🍋

[[Spoiler warning for DMC5]]

[Word Count: 3880]

--about a month before the fall of the Qliphoth root--

Dante, Lady, and Trish left only about twenty-four hours before-hand, and I had just returned home to a bloody Nero and the mysterious man who came in to give the mission. Quickly I changed out of my work uniform and into so leggings and an already dirty shirt. "Nero, why haven't you cleaned up yet? Your wounds look like they've healed up." He just groaned at me as I practically dragged him to the bathroom.

"He called me dead weight," It sounded like he didn't even mean to say it. I sighed softly as I sat him on the side of the tub, I slowly persuaded him to take off his clothes all but his underwear. The clothes in a pile I pushed the muscle-ly child, into the tub. I warmed up the water before getting a sponge and cleaning the pouting child. When he was clean I turned off the water and grabbed a towel, and left it on the towel seat lid for him, then grabbed his clothes and an empty tub. I left the clothes to soak, in some solvent against the wall in the main room under the stairs. 

"Nero, go ahead and borrow clothes from Dante." I heard growling from the bathroom, "Don't go flooding the bathroom!" I took a seat on the couch a cushion next to V. "Hey mister, what in the world happened to the girls and Dante?" 

There was a pause like he was deciding if he could trust me, "I'm not sure exactly what occurred, but I do know they were defeated by Urizen," I was shocked. 

"Are you sure? I mean I don't know how insanely strong this guy is, but that seems a bit far fetched," Nero walked out of the bathroom, towel around his waist. "He's telling the truth." 

"Oh, holy shit. Well, hopefully, that stupid tree doesn't cause too many problems while we figure out what the fuck to do," 

"You know you're not-"

"Yeah, Yeah I'm not getting involved, but ask that red shit head, I can come up with some damn good plans," He snorted and headed upstairs. I settled into the couch before remembering I needed to organize this on the calendar. Pulling myself off the couch I moved to the desk chair and pulled out the calendar, made notes of the approximate arrival time of the two and the absence of the rest. Sighing I realized I was going to have to turn away the calls of anyone that had anything more than a cat stuck in a tree. "That bastard better not be dead, or I'll have to find a way to resurrect him and kill him again myself, " a soft chuckle came from the couch. 

"I don't believe you'll have to resort to those measures, " he stood, and turned to me,  "I believe you understand as well as the rest of us his resilience." 

I smiled at him, "You're right on that one but this is still worrisome. I know he won't die so easily, but I can't help but worry over his dumbass, plus the two most badass women in the area," I heaved a deep sigh and looked at the floor, "I can't help but be concerned over how he- Urizen right?," V nodded, "-got here." 

I heard the nearly soundless tapping of V's feet against the floor, "Do not worry, everything is already written, things will move as they must," I smiled up at him in front of the desk.

"Thanks, V, I hope the writings give us a positive ending." A knock came to the door, and in came Nico, looking ecstatic, "Guess who's a genius? It's me!" She looked over at Nero who was coming down the stairs, "You're going to love this new weapon!" She grabbed his arm practically dragged him out of the building. I made a note to get his clothes to him when I was finished cleaning them. 

"So V, do you have a place to stay at the moment?" he shook his head, "You're welcome to stay here then! As long as you don't eat the way Dante does then you don't need to worry about rent!" He looked a bit surprised, but smirked and thanked me in that nearly sultry voice.