Chapter 4

Today is the day. The full moon will appear tonight and with that the ritual. No one except my friends knows about this. Even they don't fully know what will happen tonight, what I plan to do. 

The books are under my bed in case Aunt Hilda comes in later. She does not need to know about this. 

The phone rings downstairs. 

"Sabrina," Aunt Hilda calls from downstairs, "it's Ros!" 

"Coming," I shout back. 

This day does not feel real. I try to shake that feeling. It is real. I'm going to go through with this. 

My feet leap down the steps making the floorboards creak. The window is open and a nice breeze comes in I stand there for a moment and take it in. 

Aunt Hilda hands me the phone. 

"Hey, Ros." I sit down on the stool. 

"Sabrina, don't go through with the spell," Ros begs. 

"Wait... what...?" I ask. 

"I had another cunning... Sabrina, please, please don't do it." 

"Why, what happens?" 

"You don't make it. Please just don't, we will all find another way. We can help you find another way. You don't have to do it this way." Ros says and I think she knows that this was apart of the plan. 

"Ros," I feel my eyes tear up. I can't tear up now. I can't. "it will all be okay." 

"You are my best friend," she cries, "I don't want to lose you." 

"You won't. 

Another false promise, another false hope. All I ever do is produce lies. 

"Goodbye, Ros." I hang up. 

I don't deserve my friends, Nick, or my family. 

I pack up a bag of candles, books, and a dagger. Find the perfect the place and wait. Forgive me Aunt Hilda, Zelda, Ros, Harvey, Theo, Ambrose, and Nick. 

I find an open area in the woods and set up. I put the candles in a big circle and sprinkle a little bit of salt on the outside. I cut my hand with the dagger and place my hand in the middle. I start the chant. 

It'll work out. It has too. Maybe I can defeat Satan. 

Hours pass by and I'm still chanting. I imagine the moment before Nick sacrificed himself for us. The show for the Dark Lord. 

The wind swirls around blowing out the candles. A howling in the distance distracts my thoughts. The world around me starts to fade into darkness and I am before the Dark Lord. The golden crown and dress my body sparkles. I did it. I feel a rush go through me. I feel my powers. 

Masquerades on everyone's face. The Dark Lord and I are dancing. 

"No..." I mutter. 

"What?" he looks down at my face. 

"I was just thinking how much fun this is, Dad." I feel like I'm going to vomit. 

"Maybe don't call me Dad in front of everyone else." he looks embarrassed, "Maybe, Father or Dark Lord...?" 

"Of course, I apologize." I smile up at him. A sharp pain hits my side. I groan. 

"What's wrong?" he asks. 

"Eadem poena habeo ad te. Idem adibit!" I shout. 

"What are you doing?" his face starts to turn red. 

I take my dagger and hold it above my stomach, "What I should have! Neither of us deserves to be here!" 

"Put the dagger down," he growls and pushes me to the floor and grabs the dagger. 

The pain gets sharper and he starts to let out a groan. 

I look towards Lilith, "Now." 

I lift my hand and the daggers flies to me. 

"I'm your father! You shall not do this to me! We were meant to rule upon this Godforsaken Earth!"

"No, you are not." I sneer and I stab my stomach. 

Lilith chants something and he falls to the ground. 

Blood pours out.  

"You have to," I tell Lilith. "He has to die." 

Lilith comes toward me and takes the dagger out. 

"NO!" Nick yells and my friends start shouting for her to stop and help me. 

She grabs the knife and puts it toward my throat, "I love you, Nick." I say that for my first and final time. 

I feel the sharpness of the knife.