3

That night I went back home after meeting with four more patients. I pulled my car into the driveway and drove up it until after a while, I finally arrived at the house. I cut ignition and grabbed my keys and bag, walking up the marble steps to the front door.

I opened the door and the delicious aroma of pasta hit me like a truck. "Mom, Dad, I'm home!" I fluffed out my curly blonde hair, setting my bag on a table in the front room. "Hi Sweetie! I'm in the kitchen," Mom called for me. I went and found her, stirring a pot of pasta and a pot of sauce for dinner. I hugged her from the side, leaning my head on her shoulder.

"So how was it?" She asked, pulling the pasta off the stove to drain the water. "It was great.. They were all so happy to see me. I felt kind of bad when I had to leave, but I think they'll understand. I was planning on baking cookies or something tonight to take tomorrow."

"That's a great idea.. Maybe we could do a family cook off?" She gives a sly grin. "Correction, family bake off," I confirmed.

"Where is everyone?" I asked, pulling some dishes from the cupboard to set the table. "Your dad is a little held up at work, Ariel is staying at Rachel's for dinner, Morgan has to work until four, Aurora is studying for a college exam, Zooey is at the salon, getting her nails done, and Taelor is picking up some cheese for me at the store. So no one is home except us and Aurora."

Our family was always so busy. I was the youngest, so I was home a lot and my mother didn't work. She stayed home and cooked and cleaned and did what needed to be done around the house. Besides, dad made more money than one could ever need as a world famous detective.

Dad's name is Alec Maxx, but he works under the name Chester B. Washington, so that people cannot track him down and find out where we live and stuff. He has this really soft short brown hair, and deep brown eyes, but almost none of us look like him. He's like in his late forties or something.

Mom's name is Serena (Esent) Maxx, and she has the long, curly blonde hair and icy blue eyes that the majority of my sisters and I have. She's like forty something, too.

My oldest sister is Zooey Maxx. She is one of the odd ones in our family with brown hair, but she has blue eyes. She is marrying this guy named Jason soon, so she's almost never home. Zo is twenty-four.

Then comes Ariel and Aurora, the twins. They're both obviously named after princesses but the names fit because they're literally perfect. Both have this really long and gorgeous blonde hair and the blue eyes. But the difference is that Ariel is a little edgier with her clothes and stuff, but Aurora is softer and more elegant. Like, Aurora is forever braiding and doing all these really pretty things with her hair. Ariel on the other hand, has it wavier and has a pink ombré from about 75% of the way to to the rest. They're twenty-two.

Next, is Morgan. She's really quiet and has really dark blonde hair that's so short with brown eyes. Morg is kind of a genius, too. She's twenty-one.

Right before me is Taelor. I'm probably closest with her out of all my siblings. Taelor has Dad's brown hair, but it's curly and she keeps it with tons of blonde highlights. She has brown eyes and is eighteen.

Finally, is me, Khloe Maxx. I look like a replica of my mother, long blonde hair and a tiny frame. But no one has a clue how I ended up with hazel eyes. I'm sixteen years old.

Oh and we have a puppy named Oliver, but we just call him Ollie. He's an adorable little chihuahua. My favorite picture with my family, and the one I usually show people when they want to see a picture of us, is one where we're all wearing white tops and jeans and I sit in the middle, holding Ollie, while all my sisters sit around me, my parents in the back.

"Aurora, Dad is home! Come eat!" Mom shouted for her. She came down the stairs, greeting me and going to sit next to where my father would be sitting.

"There's my sweetheart, Khlo! How was it?" He asked leaning down to kiss my cheek. "It was great. Most of them really seemed to enjoy it. Mom said we can have a bake off tonight to make cookies for the patients," I washed my hands and sat down to eat. "What about a bake off?" Taelor called from the front room, coming in to sit down.

So that's when my family first heard of the boy in room 430. This would not be the last time they heard of him.

------

Hey y'all. Sorry this crappy, short, and terrible:(( but she was supposed to meet luke in this chapter, but I decided last minute to introduce her family life first.. like her family is kind of perfect.

BUT PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU WOULD LIKE A BONUS CHAPTER TOMORROW OF THE BAKE OFF!!! IT WILL EITHER JUST BE SKIPPED OR ILL WRITE A BRIEF CHAPTER OF IT AND THEN THE USUAL CHAPTER!!

Vote and comment:))

Thanks guys,

T xxx