14

POV Shiloh
It's the last day of our Christmas break and the day of the golden globes. Mom and dad are going and they booked a hotel for the night in the city because they don't feel like driving back in the middle of the night. That means we get to be home alone.

Pax, Zahara and I are sitting at the table eating the pizza mom ordered for us and dad is chilling with us waiting for mom. She's upstairs getting ready.

"Do you want a slice?" I ask dad who is eyeing the pizza.

"No thanks. We will get dinner at the show"

"Oh come on. I know you'd rather eat this pizza" I smirk

"True, but your mom will kill me if I spill on my clothes so I'm not taking any chances."

"Alright, your choice"

Then mom enters the kitchen all dressed up and she looks absolutely amazing. She's 43 years old for gods sake.

Pax whistles and dad just stands there smiling at her

"damn.. hot mama in da house, whoop whoop" Zahara laughs throwing her hands up in the air.

Mom chuckles blushing a bit and says "oh stop it.."

"They're right though babe. You look amazing" he says pecking her lips. This kind of makes me feel a little uncomfortable.

"Thank you" she smiles "you don't look too bad yourself either"

"What do you mean, not too bad?" He asks fake offended "I look hot"

"Yes you do" mom smiles patting his chest.

Dad whispers something in moms ear making her giggle. "Stopp.." Zee whines "that's enough pda. Get outta here" she laughs

"You're being dramatic" dad tells her "but she's right honey, we should get going. The car is waiting outside."

"Yeah.. alright guys.. you know the rules" mom says "we'll stay at the hotel tonight so we'll see you tomorrow."

"Aight, be safe and use protection." Pax smirks. They look kind of confused so pax adds "obviously we all know the real reason you're staying at a hotel but have fun" he smiles cheekily.

"Pax!" Mom says in a disapproving tone

"You'll never know" dad smirks making mom hit his chest.

"Brad! Seriously, that's enough"

Zahara is just laughing at them.

"Sorry" he laughs "let's go. Oh!" He says turning to us again. "And don't stay up too late cause holidays are over. You better get to school on time tomorrow."

"Okay dad" we all say

"Good" dad nods

Both of them say goodbye to us. "Shi?" Mom says getting my attention. I'm kind of out of it.

"Hmm?"

"Walk with us, will you?"

"Okay" I nod confused but stand up.  I follow them to the foyer where they stop. Mom has a concerned look on her face.

"Is everything alright?" She asks

"Yeah, why?"

"I don't know.. you are being very quiet today."

All I manage to do in response is shrug my shoulders cause I can feel a tear welling up and I look away.

"Hey.. what's going on?" She asks cupping my face in her hands making me look her in the eyes

"Nothing. Really, I'm fine"

"Sweetheart.. you can tell me" she says as she wipes away some tears with her thumbs.

"Are you afraid to stay here alone with pax and zee?" Dad also chimes in worried. "I can always call your grandparents if you want."

"No, it's fine. I can't be scared forever. I'm just a little nervous I think"

"Okay" mom says kissing my forehead. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah" I nod "but is it okay if I sleep in your bed?"

"Of course honey. Whatever you need to make you feel comfortable."

"And don't hesitate to call at any time okay?" Dad also says

"Okay.. you guys should get going. You've already wasted too much time on me."

"Hey, look at me." She says taking my chin. "Time spent on you or your siblings is never wasted, you hear me? We don't care if we're late. It's way more important to us that you feel alright."

"I'll be fine mom, really.  If not I will call you. I promise" I say reassuring them. This is exactly why I didn't want to say anything in the first place.

"Alright then." Mom sighs "then we're leaving"

"Have fun" I smile as dad hugs me

"Bye honey" mom says kissing my hair "we love you"

"Love you too, bye!" I say and watch them leave and I go back to the kitchen where I still have some pizza left.