Chapter Fourteen: Planning the Pep- Rally

I finally found Siena on Monday, by Jack's locker. She was waiting for Blair to finish kissing him.

"Siena!" I shouted, waving the hand free of books, so she would see me. I hurried over and pulled her a bit away from Blair. "Si, can you please, please, please take me back on the team?!" I begged.

"Ugh!" She wipped her black hair over her shoulder and turned away. I pulled her back. "You're moving, Jenn. I don't have time for someone that's not going to be here for regionals."

I smiled. "That's okay, I'm not moving! I'm staying here, so I can be on the regionals team."

Siena rolled her eyes. "You're just saying that to get back on. And besides, even if you weren't lying, I have to go practice. The team is having a practice meet at the pep- rally tomorrow." She took off.

I guess she leaves me no choice.

-

It was after school. Lane, Zoya, Tony, and I were at Karen's house a bit outside of town. She was handing each of us a blank piece of lined paper. "Here." She handed me two, knowing I would be anxious to write down ideas.

I turned to everyone at the table. "Okay, what we are doing, is coming up with a plan to put me back on the cheer squad. I appreciate all of your help."

Everyone got a pen and I continued explaining. "The team is having a practice meet tomorrow at the football game. It could have something to do with that."

Zoya and Tony had nothing on their papers so far, they were staring at something only they could see. Karen was scribbling on the edge of her paper, but she had a few notes down already. I was coming up with my fourth idea when Lane stood.

"I've got it! Bring it in." He gathered us in a football huddle and explained his plan. "This is something I've always wanted to see during one of my games."

-

The school band began playing as the football team rushed onto the field. The cheerleaders followed waving red and white pom- poms and skipping out gleefully. The sun was beginning to set and the bleachers were rapidly filling.

I watched as Lane began the plan. He gave one of the cheerleaders a hug, sticking one of the excruciating props into her mini skirt. Luckily she didn't notice and followed Siena out.

Karen and Zoya were on either side of me, and I looked around for Tony. I hoped he was ready; his was the most important part of the plan.

The football game began and chanting erupted from behind me. I made sure to sit at the front, for purposes you will find out later.

As the game went on, the score became closer and closer. The Brookdell Badgers were creeping up on Abbey Lee. Our mascot, the Abby Lee Leopard was clapping his hands above his head, trying to get the fans to cheer. It was hard to be enthusiastic when the other team was slowly gaining victory.

Tony was finally here with his truck. I saw the tip of the sliver thing in the back of his truck and the timing was perfect. Brookdell had just tied the game and there was almost a minute left.

Siena and Blair led the squad in a boring cheer that the fans were totally ignoring. There was a whistle and I signalled to Tony.

Roof!

Everyone turned to the parking lot. A huge German shepherd, leaping from a silver carry-on cage, was charging toward the field. The school rang with screams. I tried to act scared, but was secretly grinning on the inside. The plan was working!

The dog swivelled and turned straight toward the cheerleaders, specifically the one Lane had hugged earlier. It barked loudly and Danny, the girl, shrieked and began running onto the field.

As expected, the dog caught her easily and tackled her to the ground. Before he could do anything, I pushed two fingers in my mouth and let out the loudest whistle I could must. The dog perked its ear, stood, and trotted over.

I grabbed it's collar and escorted him to Tony. Everyone was silent. I took Danny's Pom-poms and stepped to the track where the cheerleaders preformed.

"It's okay, it's alright, we're gonna be tough leopards tonight! It's okay, it's alright, we're gonna be tough leopards tonight!" I shouted slowly, doing dance moves and motions. Eventually a few people joined, then some cheerleaders, then more, and more. Soon, the whole stadium was chanting, even some people from Brookdell.

The game carried on and Abbey Lee got possession of the ball with 43 seconds left in the game. Lane spiralled the ball over the players to Jack, the wide receiver. Jack sprinted with the ball, dangling three if Brookdell's best players, and went for the touchdown.

He celebrated, then hurried and kissed Blair. Everyone cheered, but I noticed, most were clapping for me.

After everyone cleared, I found Siena. She was slouching on the first row of the bleachers. "Hey." I mumbled.

She looked up. "Oh, hi." It didn't sound friendly. "That dog really came out of nowhere."

I grunted nervously. "Yeah, it did, didn't it? Um, Siena, I was wondering if you could let me on the squad? You saw how I cheered everyone up! We would've lost, I pumped everyone up again. Please Si, let me back on?"

Siena sighed. "Fine, but only because I wouldn't know what to do if another dog jumped out. I guess you were a valuable member of our squad." She actually let out a nice smile.

When she turned around, I silently celebrated and hurried to meet with Karen, Zoya, and Tony. Lane was with his team. "I'm back on!"

-

I giggled when Tony told about how Siena had tripped when she ran from the dog. "I would've loved to see that." Tony's laugh died down. "Hey, Tony, where did you get that dog anyway?"

Tony stuck one hand in his pocket. "He's a police dog. He usually sniffs out the meat at borders, that's why he went for the bacon Lane put it Danny's skirt. The dog's actually really well trained."

We neared my house. Tony left to go home. "Wait, Tony..." My voice trailed off. I stared at my front yard. "My house, it sold."

-

I rushed into my house. Dad and Mack were at the table. I'm assuming they were discussing what I had just figured out. "Who bought the house?!"

Dad explained everything; the old widow who wanted the small house, how Stan was glad to let us stay with him, how Stuart wasn't there anymore.

Later, the more I thought about it, the less I worried. I was going to live with Tony Anderson! The school bad boy!

To be honest, I was kind of excited to see him more. After thinking about the cottage, and how he helped me tonight, I couldn't help but finally realize something.

I had a crush on Tony Anderson.

.....

Awwww! So Jenn finally realized she likes Tony! Anyway, thanks guys and I hope you liked it!