Chapter one - Sophie Green

Here comes the first chapter of The Chosen. I hope you like it (◕‿◕✿)

This chapter is dedicated to Evarosanna, 'cause she was the first to read the prolouge ~‿~

Please telle me if you have any idea about what can happen, 'cause I don't actually have a plan about it ヾ(●ω●)ノ Adventure time!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* 

Chapter one - Sophie Green

Present day

"I really hate science! It's like nothing makes sense to me about it..." I say to Sasha as we walk out of the classroom. "You know what I mean?"

Sasha is my best friend. We have known each other since kindergarten, but I frankly don't remember how we became friends in the first place. I think it may have been when I was in trouble with our teacher - for drawing on the wall or something - and he took the blame for me. Or we might have already been friends then. I don't remember.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. It's like..."

"...when you know it's right, but it just ... Feels wrong."

If it was somebody else I would never dare to interrupt, but we have known each other forever.

"Yeah, I get that feeling sometimes too."

"So it's not just me then." I say with a smile.

"No it's not just you, Sophie." He says in a joking voice. "But now we have to say goodbye."

"Why?" I ask, but I get it right before he answers.

"'Cause.., We are at your locker and mine is upstairs and you need to hurry home because ... wasn't it today that you and your dad was going to talk about next weekend?"

"I forgot about that..." I say as I open my locker to grab my things and go home.

"I knew you would." He walks up the stairs and I wonder how I can have the greatest friend in the whole world.

~~

When I get home my dad is standing in the door waiting for me. If I was any other soon to be fourteen year old I would probably freak, but that's not me, I love my dad to much for that. I'm all he has. Mum died when I was born so he's been lonely ever since.

He looks just like an average old man, except for his eyes. They don't sparkle anymore. I've seen him on old photos and his eye would always sparkle of life. But now his eyes are just lifeless.

"Sophie Green, why did it take so long?"

"Dad, it is quite long walk from school you know."

"Yes, I know. I'm sorry for being so overprotective."

"It's alright. But weren't we gonna talk about next week? You know, about Kevin's party ... The one that I want to go to."

"Yes, we are but ... I ..." It was like there was something that he didn't tell me.

I put my hand on his shoulder and guide him in to sit on the sofa.

"Dad? What is it?" I ask 'cause it looks like he's nervous about something.

He looks at me with a look I have never before seen in his eyes and says:

"It's nothing dear. I just have a lot on my mind nowadays." I hear he is lying. "But you can't go the party."

I'm just so surprised that he says that, so I don't answer right away. This party was going to be my chance to talk to the new guy that is just so handsome.

"But I have to go! Everybody will be there." I say, but it seems that this statement just makes him even more nervous so I switch angle. "But me and Sasha have already planned to go together." Actually Sasha wasn't even going, but dad loves Sasha and maybe he would change his mind.

"No you just can't go on a party that night." I'm astound that he didn't change his mind, but I have learned over the years that you can't argue with him when he's made up his mind.

So I don't say anything and go upstairs instead.

In the days that come I don't pay attention on my surroundings. I just think about the party and how I could sneak out and go to it anyway.

~~

When the day of the party comes I have figured out the perfect plan to sneak out.

I say to dad that I am tired and want to go to bed early. And, when I'm in my room I change into party clothes and climb out the window.

But I don't see the eyes of the man that is standing in the shadows and is watching me.

"Dad? What is it?" I ask 'cause it looks like he's nervous about something.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Thank you for reading and please tell me what you think (^~^)

LittleSadHeart <33