CHAPTER ONE|THE DISAPPEARANCE OF REBECCA WILSON

or The Vanishing of Will Byers
----------------------------------------------------------

     "Something is coming. Something hungry for blood-- A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here."

     "What is it?"

     "What if it's the Demogorgon?" one boy said as the other groaned in defeat,"Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon!"

     "It's not the Demogorgon!" another boy exclaimed.

     "An army of trogoldytes charge into the chamber!" the boy playing Dungeon Master said dramatically.

     "Trogoldytes?"

     "Told ya," the other boy chuckled as they all laughed.

     "Wait a minute," the Dungeon Master whispered, "Did you hear that? That... that sound? Boom... boom... BOOM!" he slammed the table. All the boys jumped. "That didn't come from the Trogoldytes. No, that... that came from something else." They waited in anticipation as the dark haired boy slammed a figurine onto the game board. "The Demogorgon!"

     The group groaned in frustration. "We're in deep shit!" one of the boys shouted. 

     "Will, your action!" the Dungeon Master ordered.

     The boy named Will frantically cried, "I don't know!"

     "Fireball him!" the dark-skinned boy shouted.

     "I'd have to roll a 13 or higher!" Will shot back.

     "Too risky! Cast a protection spell!" the other boy said as the party went into a frenzy.

     "Don't be a pussy! Fireball him!"

     "Cast Protection."

     "The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!" the Dungeon Master screamed, "It stomps towards you. Boom!"

    "Fireball him!"

     "Cast Protection."

     "It roars in anger!"

     "Cast Protection!"

     "Boom!"

      "Fireball him!"

     "Fireball!" Will decides as he throws down the die, only to have them clatter off the table.

     "Oh shit!"

     "Where'd it go?" the boys hurriedly stood up to look for the die. "Where is it?"

     "I don't know!" Will said desperately.

     "Is it a 13?" the boy in the hat asked.

     "I don't know!"

     "Where is it?"

     "Oh my God oh my God oh my God!"

    "Mike!" a woman's voice yelled from upstairs. 

     "Oh my God oh my God!"

     "No! I can't find it!" Will shouted in frustration as the boy in the hat kept shouting hysterically.

     "MIKE!" the woman called again as she stood at the top of the basement.

     "Mom, we're in the middle of a campaign!" the Dungeon Master, now Mike yelled from the bottom.

    "You mean the end? Fifteen after!" she said seriously.