Chapter 1

"You looked very pretty today."

Jimin smirks, laptop in one hand, phone and granola bar in the other, as he walks into his room, having just come home from school. "Thanks?" He sits down criss cross on his bed, sitting his laptop in front of him before he digs through his bag for his English notebook. "I always look good though." He murmurs.

"Very true. Did you start your history homework yet?"

"I literally just got home. You know this."

"Oh. Well maybe I could come over and we could do it together, yeah?"

Jimin snorts, running a hand through his blonde hair. He was on the phone with his ex, while attempting to start research on his English paper that was due by the end of the week.

"What's so funny? I'm serious."

"I'm sure." Jimin rolls his eyes. While gnawing on his lip, pen against his chin, his eyes roam over his rushed messily written handwriting in his notebook. "But you and I both know that's not going to happen."

"Why not? Your parents are out of town. You—

"Wait. How do you know my parents are out of town?" Jimin pauses, and frowns while biting on the end of his pen.

"I over heard you during lunch, telling your friends about it."

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't eavesdrop on my conversations Jeongguk, thank you."

"I wasn't eavesdropping, I just happened to overhear... Anyway, you've got the whole house to yourself. What's the problem?"

You. Jimin thought as he began to type in his laptop password, squinting at the screen. "Nothing."

"Oh come on, Jooeu-"

"Don't! Call me that....."

Jimin's typing falters, as he pauses shutting his eyes tight. There's silence on the other end, as he exhales and opens his eyes.

The awkward silence continues before, Jeongguk breaks it saying, "I still don't understand why I can't call you by your name."

"Because that's not my fucking name anymore!" Jimin snaps, hands in the air, fists clenching and unclenching, near his face.

"Yeah, and Jimin's your name." Jeongguk says sarcastically. "I understand you don't like your name, but of all names Jooeun, you chose to be called fucking Jimin. I mean come on, Jimin's a guys na—"

"Actually dickhole, Jimin is a unisex name. Dont run your mouth about shit you know nothing about. See that's exactly why we didn't work out. You'll never fucking understand anything." Jimin sneers while shaking his head.

"I'll never understand what? How can I understand when you won't explain anything? You're so secretive!"

"Jeongguk, you were my boyfriend. You could have possibly seen the signs! Either that, or your just in denial! I mean whenever we had sex I-I....."

"You what? Jooeun?

Jimin flinches at the name, choosing to ignore it, as he tiredly picks up his phone. He sighs, "Just forget it. I'll talk to you later Kook."