Not All Heros Wear Capes

Word Count: 416

Turns out Peter Parker is bad at hiding things from the people he loves.

First, it was Ned, who was waiting for Peter to get home when Spider-Man himself crawled in on the ceiling and removed his mask without noticing Ned.

And of course, after Mr. Stark offered him a spot on the Avengers team, his Aunt May caught him unmasking himself in his Stark-manufactured suit. You were honestly surprised that neither of them accidentally spilled the beans.

But the next week, you were with Peter when a freak accident happened. A car was suddenly skidding towards you, but Peter acted quick and grabbed you as he ducked down, holding his arm up in defense. The car halted to a stop, the metal bending around Peter's arm. You knew right then something was up. You made it out with a minor scrape from the brick wall behind you, but Peter's left side was bruised and littered with gashes. He refused to go to the ER, and the next day at school, your injuries looked too similar for the amount of blood at the accident. You didn't hold it above his head, and just assumed maybe Mr. Stark had some cool healing tech. But you were at the Deli-Grocery across from the bank when it was getting robbed by men in Avengers masks with some kind of glowing purple weapons. You watched in fear with the owner of the shop, who told you to get behind the counter with him as he grabbed his cat. Spider-Man tried to deter them, but he was outnumbered and their weapons were too strong. Something shot towards you and you both ducked down. You screamed through the destruction, arms covering your head. You felt a tight grip on your arm before you were pulled to your feet. Being closer to the ceiling meant breathing in more smoke, and you struggled for clean air. Spider-Man guided you out with a cat in his other arm. Once outside, you coughed and gasped for air.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked, patting your back worriedly. It was something in his inflection, like he didn't change it enough for you to not recognize Peter behind it.

You teared up, feeling overwhelmed but safer with Peter there.

"Oh, no no no, don't cry, you're okay. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He stumbled over his words. You shook your head and enveloped him in a hug.

"I love you, Pete."