Chapter:8

I sat in a booth next to Bear as I propped my leg on his lap. They did so much to my knee that I will not be able to do much. Either Bear or one of my brothers will drive me to my appointments. I yawned before Bear leaned me against his shoulder.

Everything was quiet until glass broke. It was the window right across from Bear and I. Bear covered me from the glass before looking to see what it was. A guy had an automatic waiting for a command. Bear had one of the guys playing pool pick the rock up.

"It's got a note prez." The guy said. He handed it to Bear. Bear opened it and read it before having me stand to go with him. "Go watch for them any of them caught in my territory, I want them locked up for questioning and if you get ahold of his brother, make sure his body is never found." Bear said.

I guess while I was in surgery, he called Church to tell them who to look out for, who to kill and who to take prisoner. Garrison came into town for my surgery while the other three came back here for a reason. Bear gave me the key to his room. "Wait there. There are no windows and no way anyone can get to you." He said.

I nodded before going down the stairs carefully and going into his room. I got up on the bed propping my knee up and waiting for him to come in. About an hour after he sent me down here, he unlocked the door and came in. "Comfortable?" He asked.

I nodded. "Good. It will probably be a week or two before the threat is lightened." He said. I sighed. He got up on the bed next to me. "I'm sorry Vic. This is the only way I could think to keep you safe." He said. "Bullet proof windows." I said. "It's going to be done." He said. "Double paned." I told him. "Done." He said.

"Doors and walls the same way." I told him. "They can't get through cinderblock unless they got passed the gates." He said. He pulled me close to him. "I won't let them take you a second time. I've got too many allies and enemies that hate them to let them take you." He said.

He lightly touched my chin. "I will have someone guarding that door when I cannot be down here. This is my promise that no one is going to take you from me or your family again." He said. "You broke the last one." I said. "I'm not breaking this one. I know what they will do to you. I don't think you want to know what they will." He said.

"I do want to know." I told him. "As soon as they have you in their grasp, that guy that abused you, will do even worse. He will let you heal up in the hospital before you find out that you are pregnant with his child." He said. He pulled me closer. "I hate thinking about it. I don't want anything to happen to you." He said.

I buried my head in his chest. He was right. That guy would threaten to rape me if I didn't willingly have sex with him. I did find out that I was pregnant a year into the time and stressed myself out so much that I caused my body to abort the fetus. I got a horrible beating and that's when the accident happened.

He walked away without a scratch, but I suffered severe injuries. I was in a coma for nearly two months. He never visited nor anyone else for that matter. He will try to kill me this time if I become pregnant and force a miscarriage. I know it as a fact.

Bear held me until he couldn't any longer and had to go upstairs. "I will be back Vic. I promise you." He said as he let me go. I laid down on the bed and decided a nap was good for me. Hopefully nothing bad happens since I'm down here.