t e n

Maybe Tzuyu actually was right—not that Nayeon would ever admit it. At least not to the girl herself and stroke her already big ego.

After that half-way successful date-thing that Jihyo obviously set up, Jeongyeon has been talking to Nayeon more. It was mainly on Instagram, as the two barely saw each other on campus, unless it was when Nayeon and Jihyo met up. And when the two did see each other, Jeongyeon was sure to start talking to Nayeon first.

It was nice to be noticed by your crush after what felt like forever. Nayeon was over the moon when she got the notification that Jeongyeon DM'd her first. She squealed and excitedly texted Jihyo, who sent her a lengthy message of just pure capitalized keyboard smash. It was exactly what she wanted after that lunch-date-thing.

So, why wasn't she feeling more excited? Why wasn't she staring at her screen more, waiting for Jeongyeon to answer her questions? Why wasn't she bothering Jihyo more, asking for date night ideas or what Jeongyeon's favorite color was? Something just wasn't right.

"Have you decided to ask Jeongyeon out? Officially this time?" Jihyo asked, while writing an essay in Nayeon's bedroom.

Nayeon was too busy at her desk, staring off into space. She sat her pencil down and turned in her seat, lowering her gaze to her friend on the floor. "Date?"

"Uh, yeah? The first step to becoming someone's official girlfriend? Well, that would actually be talking to the person. But since you clearly had issues doing that, I had to—"

"Yeah yeah, I know what you mean. It's just..."

Jihyo quickly adopted a more serious expression. "Did Jeongyeon do something to you? Has she said something that hurt you? Do I have to beat her up? You know I will, if I have to."

Nayeon shook her head, a smile gracing her face. "It's not her. It's me, actually."

Jihyo abandoned her own work to crawl closer to Nayeon, crossing her legs once she got close enough. "What is it? You can talk to me."

"I know, but it's just I don't know. I don't know what's wrong with me. I should be celebrating the fact that Jeongyeon's talking to me more now. But I'm...not. And I don't know why."

"Oh, unnie," Jihyo sighed. She hardly ever called Nayeon 'unnie'. "It'll be okay. Do you still like her?"

Almost immediately, Nayeon said, "Yes, I do. I've liked her for over a year and I finally got to this point!"

"Maybe you're just scared. You were always a scaredy cat," Jihyo grinned.

Nayeon rolled her eyes. "You've been around Tzuyu too long, I swear. Oh, and how do you two know each other again?"

"I went with Jeongyeon to the range and met Tzuyu. She's adorable, I love her!"

"She harasses me, don't."

"You still think everybody's out to get you," the younger chuckled. "But, yeah. Maybe if you have a date with Jeongyeon, you'll feel better about you and her. I heard she likes roller skating."

Jihyo wiggled her eyebrows, earning a shove in her shoulder from the older.

"I can't even roller skate."

"That's why she can teach you! Like how she could have taught you archery, but you were too busy being a scared baby. It'll be so cute! And then you can stare into each others' eyes and then probably even kiss—"

"SHUT UP!" Nayeon pushed Jihyo on her side, the latter cackling loudly.

"Kiss kiss, fall in love—" She sang, grinning.

"I swear to god, I will throw you out the window, Jihyo."

"MmmmWAH!"

"OH MY GOD!"

I keep ending the chapters kinda awkwardly cause I feel like there's just more that can be added, but yeehaw🤠

Anyways, I love Jihyo a lot💕

Okay, and Nayeon and Jihyo's friendship is so cute omg. Not just in the book but irl too uGH😩😩