t w e n t y n i n e

sunday 10:49 pm

"where even are you?" i ask.

"my bathroom," he says as if pointing out the obvious.

"oh. thats nice."

he smiles, but doesnt say anything. i suppose he's about to brush his teeth, since he has toothpaste and a toothbrush in both hands. but, ya know, it's just a guess.

"why cant you sleep?" i rest my head on my bended knee.

he shrugs his bare shoulders, keeping a strong hold on the mirror in front of him with his eyes.

so hot.

"very descriptive. now, put a shirt on. you look like you belong on a playboy magazine."

instantly, he bends over and spits the toothpaste into the sink. his face turns red, and i realize hes laughing.

i smile a little myself.

"you're funny," he mumbles through a brown towel.

he takes a second to focus on himself while running his fingers through his hair. i stay silent, waiting for him to say something. without facing the camera, he picks up his phone and clicks the door open. instantly, the camera is devoured by darkness until, soon, he walks into another door and turns the light on.

"what are you doing?" i ask.

he sits on his bed, "getting comfortable."

"mm," i hum.

he sets the phone onto his pillow and lies down on his stomach with his head on his crossed arms.

"can i ask you a question?" i run my pointer finger in circles on my knee.

"sure."

"if... if a guy is attracted to a girl, but the girl is actually a guy, does that make the first guy gay?"

he looks at me, confused, "what do you mean?"

"so," i drop my legs down, crossing them," lets say.. sam, okay?"

"mhm."

"he's attracted to brittney."

he snorts, "okay."

i smile, "but in reality, brittney is a guy. sam doesnt know this, so he thinks hes falling in love with a girl. but, really, he's attracted to a guy without knowing it. so, is he gay?"

he shrugs, "i guess it depends. if he doesn't know, then he isn't. if he finds out brittney is a guy, and still loves him, then yes. he's gay."

i raise my eyebrows and nod, "wow. that was that was deep."

he chuckles. running his fingers through his hair, he begins to braid a strand from his forehead.

"can you tell me a story?"

"about what?" he asks, still focused on his hair.

"i dont know. um... whats your favorite memory?"

he sticks his bottom lip out, "i dont really have one."

"oh," i mutter so quiet that i doubt he can hear me, "what's your favorite grocery store?"

he laughs, "grocery store?"

i smile, "yes."

"um, payless," i guess.

"hm, nice."

"wait, no. sams club," he grins.

"isn't that a mattress store?"

he shrugs, "yeah. but they sell food, too."

"oh. thats so cool. my favorite is tj maxx or marshall. speaking of, wheres your girlfriend?"

he shrugs, "out."

"where?"

"i have no idea. shes on her way home, though."

"hm. okay."

we chill for a minute until someone walks into the room. grayson looks up at them by propping himself up with his elbows, exposing his bare chest. i cant see who the person is, but they say something, and grayson nods.

"eva, i gotta go."

"okay, that's fine. goodnight."

he smiles and ends the call.

falling back onto my bed, i clutch the phone to my chest.

that was nerve-wracking.