chapter forty ║ this house is bigger than my ego

chapter forty this house is bigger than my ego

For the next couple of days, my family and Ishaan's family willingly help Veer recover from drugs and from alcohol. Dad was a bit reluctant at first, but we eventually convinced him and he is now part of the 'pact' that is helping Veer on his road to recovery.

Ishaan and I called the rehab near where we live and explained the various things Veer had done before. They gave us the treatment process and told us it would take months before Veer would be completely clean and drug free. So, we then explained the whole process to Veer and he agreed to it, said he would do anything just to be with his family.

It took days before Dad got used to Veer being around. He is obviously living with us because if he lived with my mom and dad then he would definitely die in the first few days. But they sometimes visit us, especially forced by my mom, to see Veer and to check up on him.

And since Veer is living with us, Ishaan and I have to change our shifts. Even though I am CEO, I have to go there 6-12pm, Ishaan goes 12-5pm, and our parents go 5-10pm so there is always someone with Veer to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid.

Veer came here around Saturday and it is now Monday, a fresh start to the new week. Our parents just left so it is just me, Ishaan, and Veer in the house. Veer watches TV most of the time, watches some weird British cooking shows and often shouts profanity at the screen whenever his favorite contestant loses, and Ishaan and I mostly drink margaritas by the porch, kissing and conversing with each other amicably.

"What is our plan for today?" I mumble into Ishaan's lips, his ticklish breath warming my mouth.

"I don't know," he smiles against my teeth, pulling me in. "Whatever my queen wants."

I shake my head, my shoulders shaking as I laugh. "You know we really have to get a move on with the whole house searching process, right?"

He pulls away from my mouth, but still hugs me tightly as we sit together on the porch stairs, embracing the warm autumn weather. "I know. Hey, you wanna check the house out today?"

"Are you serious?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Yes, I'm serious," he rapidly nods his head. "We can literally go right now and check the house out."

"Okay," I contemplate. "But what about Veer?"

"We'll just take him with us," Ishaan sighs. His bright brown eyes shine against the beating sun, his full pink lips literally screaming at me to smash my lips against them. I just always find it so unfair that he looks so good all the goddamn time. He could be 250 pounds and have a shit ton of acne on his face and he would still be attractive for some weird reason.

"You wanna take Veer with us?" I screech out. "You know how high he is all the freaking time?"

"Yeah, but we still gotta take him with us 'cause we can't leave him alone at home," Ishaan explains.

"Oh, yeah, you're right about that," I murmur. "So when do you wanna go?"

"Right now," he confirms, brushing his fingers through his soft hair. "And then we can go out for dinner."

"Sounds good," I nod my head. "Should I contact the realtor and let her know that we're visiting so she can open the door for us and we can check inside?"

"Yes, do that," he says. "By then I'll tell Veer to get ready."

I nod my head again and Ishaan gets up, brushing his lips against my forehead as he kisses it. Then, he graciously walks inside and I sigh as the birds chirp into the evening sky. I pull my phone out and call our personal realtor, Tera Bishop, and let her know that we're visiting the house that we want to see. She tells me that she will come too and show us around. Then, I call my parents and let them know that we're looking at the house.