10

"Whoa, the traffic is a little thick," Cherry said, sounding a little restless. "I hope we're not late."

"No, we are already late," Hannah responded.

"I hope Sam doesn't think I stood him up," Cherry fretted. "Oh, what will he do if he thinks that I would do that..."

If you hadn't took so long getting the dress on, you probably wouldn't be worrying so badly, Hannah thought angrily. She shook it off and focused on the road while noticing that Cherry was right about the traffic; it was so thick that everyone was tailgating someone else. Hannah actually got a little nervous when she saw that someone was just inches away from touching their headlights to her license plate. She looked at the person, who was glaring at her angrily. She didn't want the situation to escalate due to her staring at this driver, so she looked at Cherry and tried to start a conversation until the traffic decided to move.

"So," Hannah started, "nice weather, huh?"

"If you say so," Cherry replied as she looked nervously at the cars around her.

The traffic moved a little, and Hannah moved with it.

"How long do you think this will take?" Cherry asked.

"I don't know," Hannah said as she thought. "Thirty minutes to an hour at this rate. Who knows? If we're really lucky, we might actually get there in about twenty minutes."

The traffic moved a little more, and so did Hannah. She was contemplating getting her bike out of traffic and just sticking to the side of the road, but she was on an expressway, and every side of her was blocked by cars.

It would be about another mile or two before Hannah could reach the dirt road that led to the mansion, which was on a wide open plain. Hannah would have to cross a bridge, take the next exit, and look for the right dirt road. She was not looking forward to it, but she figured that the sooner Cherry got there, the better.

Eventually, the traffic started moving at a normal rate, and Hannah was very relieved. She drove to the speed limit and the guy who was behind her wasn't there anymore, which made her so happy.

Hannah saw the bridge up ahead, as well as the exit ahead of that. Hannah laughed with joy as she signaled and drove into the right lane.

Cherry chuckled with her timorously. "Why are you laughing?"

"Because we are almost there," Hannah replied jubilantly. "We just have to get over this bridge and into that exit and we are home free!"

As Hannah was crossing the bridge, she saw the driver that was tailgating her during the traffic block driving fast towards her. Hannah had a slow semi in front of her, and the guy was coming up fast on her side.

"Uh, what's happening?" Cherry asked, sensing Hannah's fear.

Before Hannah could think of anything, the angry driver hit her from the side and sped off. Hannah nearly went over the bridge, but she didn't. She laughed anxiously, and kept going. Just before she crossed however, she heard a pop. It didn't take her very long to figure out that it was her front tire that had popped, but Hannah figured that all would be fine.

All of a sudden, Hannah found her bike going over the bridge. She had no control of the bike, so she held on for dear life while Cherry screamed for hers.

Everything went black for a moment before Hannah saw her life flash before her eyes. Then everything went black again.

After what only felt like a few seconds, Hannah got up and examined herself. Other than a few scrapes, a big bruise, and a broken wrist, she suffered no massive injuries. She laughed, exuberant that she was still alive, and saw her bike on the side of the road.

The motorcycle didn't look as bad as Hannah expected; it was dented in several places, the front tire was flat, and the footrests and mirrors were broken off, but the bike was otherwise okay.

"Wow," Hannah said to herself, surprised that the damage wasn't too bad.

She got upset at the angry driver for trying to kill her, but then she remembered that she was still alive. She then wondered what popped her tire.

Was it that angry driver? But if he did, he must've thrown something. But his windows were down, so that's impossible.

She came to the conclusion that she just ran over something in the road that caused her tire to pop. Her anger and fear diminished before long and she was back to being happy about being alive.

She then suddenly realized that Cherry was no longer on the bike. Hannah looked around nervously and saw that Cherry was lying in a ditch. Scared for the worst, Hannah ran to Cherry's side and removed the helmet. Hannah placed her hand on Cherry's neck, but didn't feel anything. Hannah then grabbed Cherry's shoulders and shook her a little, and Hannah noticed that Cherry's neck was moving around too much.

She must've broken her neck, Hannah thought nervously as she checked Cherry's pulse again, but she still found nothing.

After unsuccessfully trying everything she could think of to revive Cherry, Hannah got her bike off the road and brought it to the grass. She then leaned against it and cried in anguish over Cherry's dead body.