15

"This is it, huh?" Candi said as she looked at the mansion.

"This is it," Hannah said. "This is where you'll be staying after you get married."

"Well, it looks nice," Candi commented. "Is he nice?"

"Sam? Well, I guess he is," Hannah replied. "I don't really know him that well."

"And is he strong? What can you tell me about him?"

"Well, I don't think I could win a fight against him, and as far as personality goes, he'll be nice to you, I'm sure of it."

"But if he does anything to you," Jesse said, "you can tell me and I'll kick his—"

"Oh, there you..." Nate said as he rushed outside. He and Tyler ran up to Candi, taking in her appearance.

"I thought she was dead," Tyler said in awe.

"She is, you little dingbat," Candi responded softly.

"Whoa, she sounds like her, too," Tyler said.

"How do you know what she sounds like?" Nate asked.

"I would be in my car when Sam would walk to Cherry every single day," Tyler answered. "She almost always said something. She had a nice voice."

"Look, let's just get this over with," Candi responded as she walked briskly towards the doors. "He's been waiting long enough."

"Should we stop her?" Hannah asked.

"No, but you should probably go before he kills you," Nate suggested. "Because if and when he finds out that that woman isn't Cherry, he will probably hunt you down like wild game."

"Works for me," Hannah said. "Except for one thing: I've no way to get back."

"You can sit under one of the windows and listen," Jesse replied. "Nate, you've got to get inside and get ready."

Nate ran inside the mansion before Candi did and Jesse and Hannah and Tyler went to their respective locations.

***

There she is, Sam thought excitedly. And I was starting to worry...

Someone got out their phone and played "Here Comes the Bride" as the woman of Sam's dreams came walking down the aisle.

As Sam watched, he noticed that she did look a little more aged. He pushed this away, as he figured that the nervousness more than likely got to her as much as it got to him.

She was now in front of him, and he was so pumped with jubilee that he could hardly stay still.

"We are gathered here today," the priest started.

We are gathered, aren't we? Sam thought.

"...these two souls..."

Souls are one for each person, right?

"...bonds of love."