Chapter 3

He generated dark energy between his clasped hands, then opened them to reveal a black butterfly, followed by a second

"Take flight, my little akumas. Find those eternal rivals, and evilize them!"

They fluttered before him a moment, then up to the small squarish opening in the window and over the bustling Paris cityscape.

The pair of akumas reached the exhibit hall, drifting in through a skylight opening. One hovered along a wall, tracking the powerful negative emotion of Mandy until she neared the restroom. When she entered, it swooped after her from the shadows, low and out of sight before the door swung shut. Inside, it waited patiently at the ceiling until she was finished and washed her hands, then swooped down and collided with her small purple purse as she clutched it.

It metamorphosed into black energy, then enveloped her. A light magenta energy mask in the shape of a butterfly appeared around her eyes, and she smiled roguishly.

The akuma back in the main hall flew from the high ceiling down to Clover before it could be spotted. It connected with a lavender compact she clutched tightly, and the same process occurred with her.

Energy identical to theirs adorned Hawk Moth's visage, which appeared in their minds.

Diva Disaster. Sinister Spy. You've both fostered anger towards one another, building up to this moment. Now you will channel that feeling into defeating Ladybug and Cat Noir! But you must also take their Miraculouses and bring them to me!

Prominent images of Ladybug's earrings and Cat Noir's ring appeared before both Mandy's and Clover's eyes, then faded away.

You may continue your duel to your heart's content, but only once you bring me those Miraculouses!

Mandy's dark energy dissipated to show a dark purple mini dress, her small purse, black thigh high boots, and heavy dark mascara. Her hair was even longer than before, flaring out and hovering in place.

"Yes, Hawk Moth," Mandy, now Diva Disaster, replied, "I'll prove that I'm the greatest!"

Back in the audience, Clover's dark energy faded to reveal a deep crimson version of her form-fitting spy suit, complete with long gloves and boots. Her wide low belt with its heart shaped buckle was a darker metallic color, as was the heart-shaped jetpack backpack she wore.