Chapter 8

A/N:  Big thanks to csgt of Fanfiction

A/N: Big thanks to csgt of Fanfiction.net for story suggestions. I tried to up the tension a bit as a result, though I could've gone much longer and more clever in the storytelling than this. And thanks to all reading.

Prime  levitated higher in the air, arms stretched wide

Prime levitated higher in the air, arms stretched wide. The heroes' jaws dropped to see a small cafe breaking its foundation and plumbing to rise into the air slowly. About a dozen vehicles also ascended with it.

"I don't wish to harm any that I rule!" Prime announced in his ever-loud voice. "Therefore, Ladybug and Cat Noir will give me their Miraculouses."

Sam pulled out her M-Ray Contacts case, whipped it open, and inserted the lenses over her eyes. She looked at each vehicle and building, removed her contacts, stashed the case, and sighed. While doing so, Ladybug and Cat Noir jumped up onto a black car floating into the sky.

"We'll buy you time for any rescues. Good luck," Ladybug said as they flew away.

"The building has an elderly couple, and the grey truck has a guy," Sam said. She thought for a tense moment. "Clover, I'll go with you for the truck. Team yellow, go for the building."

Alex and Queen Bee, both wearing yellow, glanced at each other. Bee seemed a bit surprised at a stranger telling her what to do, but made a sound of agreement along with the others. She accepted a lift from Alex, who flew via her jetpack, and the duo soared up to the cafe.

On the car with Ladybug, Cat Noir, face grim, kept his eyes on Prime. He pressed a button on the side of his staff, causing it to extend greatly while he was propelled even higher. After pressing the button again, it retracted to regular staff size, and he twirled it like a human helicopter to land on a white car behind Prime. Ladybug twirled her yo-yo, and Cat Noir prepared to extend his staff from behind Prime.

But with a small flick of his hand, the car Cat Noir stood on plunged to the street far below. Thankfully, the area was kept clear due to Roger and his policemen.

"Whoa!" Cat Noir yelled and bounded off the small vehicle at the last moment.

He managed to twirl his staff once again to glide to a blue van and landed on the roof adeptly.