The Hunt

"So how are you Nonna?!" Katyusha yelled with a wide smirk on her face as she walked towards her and Jack.

"U-Uh..." Nonna stuttered out as she gasped and turned to face Katyusha, her face still bright red.

"I..." she started, unable to think clearly after what she'd almost done...

"She's fine Katyusha~" Jack replied, turning to face Nonna who gave him a smile and nod in gratitude.

"That's good" Katyusha said as she ran over and hugged Nonna tightly. Nonna returned the hug, as Jack watched on with a wide smile.

"You two are so cute together~" Jack mused softly.

"Not as cute as you and Nonna though" Katyusha replied, turning to face him with a smirk.

"Uh... W-Well... T-Thanks, Katyusha" Jack replied with a blushing face, seeing that Nonna was still too nervous to speak.

"Anyway, we should all get some sleep, we still have our match tomorrow..."

---Timeskip---

The annihilation match against Saunders had begun. Jack's T34 and Nonna IS2 had been assigned to defend the 'Red October' from enemy attempts to destroy it.

Despite his relatively simple task, Jack's mind was racing.

Ever since the match had began he had felt like something was off, but he couldn't place it.

"Wait a minute..." he thought to himself as he thought back to just before the match.

---Flashback---

Jack smiled at Nonna after he was given his assignment to defend the Red October, knowing that he was to be station with her.

Nonna closed her eyes and tiled her head softly as she smiled back at him, happy that she would have another chance to ask him to go to the dance with her.

"She's too cute~" Jack thought to himself as he let out a chuckle.

Jack then turned around to see the crew of the Red October opening a folder with a document inside of it. He couldn't make out what it said, but it had what looked sort of looked like the Saunders insignia on the top of it.

As Jack continued to stare the crew turned to face him, hiding the document behind their backs.

---Flashback End---

Jack raced to grab his radio to tell Nonna that the Red October was going to defect to the other team and give them all of their battle plans, resulting in their almost certain defeat.

He stopped himself however just before speaking, turning the radio off. He remembered that the Red October was equipped to manage communications, and that they would no doubt overhear that he knew of the potential betrayal.

He thought for a moment about how to tell Nonna without his radio, before he worked out a way.

"Hey Borodin, could you pass me that flashlight?"

"Sure commander" Borodin replied, with a confused expression as he handed it to Jack.

Jack then quickly wrote out a message on paper and emerged out of his commander hatch to see Nonna and the Red October's commander doing the same. He waved wildly to get Nonna's attention, stopping when the Red October's commander turned to him. He smiled to the commander and continued as she turned away again.

Nonna soon noticed this and waved back with a smile, a blush forming on her cheeks. Jack smiled once he knew she'd noticed him and began sending his message with the flashlight through Morse code.