01|Happiness.

***

The sound of an alarm clock shrilled violently waking up the sole person occupying the room.

Filled to the brim with annoyance I slapped my phone for the umpteenth time. And unfortunately I had been snoozing it instead of stopping it altogether.

With a groan, I rose from the bed and slipped out of my pair of fuzzy socks before getting into the room's adjoined toilet.

Partially awake I blindly reached for the tap to splash some water onto my face. That's the problem with sleeping late.

I've been awake for half the night talking on the phone. It has been a couple of days since i, my father and Mommy were back from our miniature 'world tour' and it was fun.

All my life I've never thought that i could be as happy as I've been for the past two months. It felt too surreal i didn't want to be pinched back to reality.

As funny as this sounds but I've become far more closer to Bashir than I've been when i was living at Yaa Ayshah's.

We talk on daily basis which mostly consists of telling each other how our days went. He has been job hunting because Mama said she wouldn't marry off a jobless man.

My father promised to spoil me rotten and he's doing a great job at it even though it's not necessary but it amazes me how a person could love another like he does me.

He has got me one of the greatest phones, only the best choice of clothing from the 'best' according to Mommy.

I practically have to close my eyes and ears whenever we go to a fashion mall. All i do is nod at whatever Mommy deems will look good on me without taking a glimpse at the price tag.

I've been used to wearing the lowest of clothing. Used mostly, by Basira and other people. Most often torn or too small, faded. You name it.

So all this is still new to me and i bet i would never get used to any of it any time soon. It feels too much it's overwhelming.

Apart from phone and clothes, I've tasted several continental dishes that i can't seem to find rice and beans appealing anymore. Some sweet, sour but all in all they were mostly delicious apart from seafood, the day we took that i could only eat the ones Mommy referred to as prawns and crabs. The others had me puking.

I've grown more skin and my skin glows like that of a bride. Thanks to Mommy and all the spas we went to.

Oh and i just remembered. My 'wedding' is around the corner apparently so my parents are 'furniture shopping' everyday. I've been shown a thousand of pictures of beds, kitchen equipments etc. I couldn't choose any so i let them decide.

However, Mommy insisted that i pick- Maroon and beige or Black and white or Purple and lilac for the sitting room, kitchen and bedrooms.

I decided on Black and white for one room and the kitchen, Purple and Lilac for the other room since she said they were probably furnishing two to three rooms depending on the total number of bedrooms which i believe will be not more than 3. Anything more than that is something i would deem unnecessary for two people to live in. Then Maroon and beige for the sitting room.

She had to show me the colour combinations on her phone for i could only indicate the colours Black, white and purple. Maroon, beige and lilac were colours that I've seen but have never known their names. How lucky!