-scanning for viruses...-

"It's a beautiful day outside."

A little boy, appearing to be in his pre-teens, was casually lounging around in the midst of scrambled code, and glitched, warped sprites. Contradicting to normal neighborhoods, real estate, and life, this was his normal. This was his reality.

"Birds are singing, flowers are blooming..."

He sighed, while gazing at his Nintendo switch, then tilting his head back up towards the TV; two of the only consistent lines of code, the only familiar sprites. Has life always been like this? He couldn't tell, and the numbness of his eye sockets never helped him either. He was used to the numbness, used to the unnatural, so it didn't matter at this point. He pressed onward.

"On these days, kids like you..."

His glum expression morphed into a sinister grin. He was going to beat this "Sans and Gaster" mod, and he knew how he was going to do it. He was going to cheat, "hack" in modern terms, and essentially be the awaited virus. He had the hacks all set up, and all he had to do now was press "enter", and play the game.

"Should be burning in-"

It glitched at "hell" for the 15th time. Ben groaned, slouching in the coded beanbag chair, pretty much disgusted. He tried to close his "eyes", only to come up with a realization of what he could do. Once again, he knew how to do it.

Entering the TV, he coded through a specific pattern of doors, and entered the passwords that coordinated with each fire-door. Once he entered the last one, something felt odd to him. He couldn't quite put his finger on it. Nothing was there, except a malware text box.

"A virus has been detected."

Ben, at the very least, was confused. Multiple explanations fogged his mind. What if he wasn't the only virus? What if the sprites learned about hacking, and used it to their very advantage? What if a normal chr. file entered the realm? Even worse, what if a human entered the realm just by a computer (not physically)? He cringed at the last one, yet somehow, was much intrigued. He read the options.

"Remove virus"

He wasn't sure who, or what the virus was. He wouldn't dare click in it, just to make sure he wasn't deleting himself.

"Find virus"

He felt like this was the best option, since he was quite eager to get it over with. He clicked on said option.

The text was gone.

So was his mind.

He blacked out.