Chapter 15

A/N: TW: blood and lil bit of violence

I reached Traik before nightfall. Granted, I had teleported but such practicalities can be ignored.

My steps squelched in the mud. The rain began as soon as I got there as if on cue. I magically repelled the rain and mud from my tail and paws.

A structure stood before me. Elegant and authoritative. A temple. A temple of the Sages. Glorious stain glass windows depicted Sages from all around. Different dimensions, planets, and regions. They showed many of them but not all. It gave me a headache just thinking about those things. Though, it did bubble a sense of pride in my stomach... thinking about every single death I caused to those nuisances. I did not regret a single one.

The temple seemed to glow, defying the dreary weather. It was quite beautiful. Lots of golds and whites... An angelic color combination. A shame the structure would soon crumble to the ground.

I leapt up onto one of the towers. Just my luck, there was a skylight on the roof looking down into a room full of priests and ministers. I spotted a cat with a blue tie talking to another carrying a couple books in a satchel. Bingo. I softly dropped into the room.

I stalked along the rafters of the chapel. A smile crept onto my face. This would be new... Refreshing. I ran my tongue along my teeth.

I hummed rhythmically, the unknown tune drifting down to their ears. The soft humming morphed into a chuckle dripping with malice, echoing through the spacious room. Was rather cliche of me but... Whoever said I had to try?

They were weary now. Good... I'd gotten their attention. I returned to my mortal look and dropped down into the center of the large chapel, landing lightly.

"It's been a while since I've been to church," I teased, fixing my bowtie, "hope I dressed for the occasion."

"H-How'd you get in here? It's after hours. Could this wait until later?" One of them asked.

I put on a frown, "Well I'm afraid this can't wait. You see, I've sinned badly... and I worry I can't get better."

"Now, son, everyone can get better."

I closed my eyes. Poor, unsuspecting creatures, "...Not I-" I paused, a grin saturating my face, "-said the demon."

I opened my right eye to reveal a sharp golden iris. The old cat gasped and I latched onto his throat with my teeth, killing him swiftly.

I moved onto the next one, who was chanting a spell. One to possibly hold me back or banish me back to hell. Funny thing about that; can't go back to someplace if I've never been. That cat burned alive.

His screams were drowned out when I focused my attention to two others who had their claws out and advanced. I cracked my neck to the side and held up a paw, claws extended. Green flames burst from it and licked the air.

"Want it?" I said smoothly. I rushed forward, jumping over both of them and flipping around. I tossed one up in the air while I dealt with the one on the ground.

I gutted him upwards, frying his throat with the fire on my claws. He fell to the ground, dead, while the other came down and I launched him towards the large, black clock hanging just behind the pulpit. He hit it with a heavy thud and slid to the ground, blood pouring from an open wound on his skull.

The final few were easy meat. Didn't even put up a fight. Then again, neither did the others. The last thing they saw before they died was me.

As soon as we were alone, I glanced around.