Rando and the Mysterious voice

Chapter 4: Rando and the mysterious voice

       After trying to identify who this Shorin is my hand went over to my wrist and grasp it, the feeling was so immense. I don’t really like it; I have to keep an eye on him. Yusuke might get killed if he takes on the demon one-on-one.

    When I watch the detective passing the tests my lips slowly curled into a small smile, Genkai did the same. My hands went automatically on my ears and covered them, a strange guy used the karaoke and everyone did the same. He sang terribly.

    After everyone was able to finish the three tests we all went outside and some were stunned when a huge amount of eerie aura was surrounding the whole forest, somewhere already shaking in fear but the detective didn’t show any kind of reaction.

    I think it’s normal to him.

  Genkai went in front and slung her arms on her back, I stood beside her and examined the crowd, and half of them were backing away in fear.

   “I’m pleases, your next task is to cross the devil’s forest in two hours or less. Beware though, the forest is filled with natural beasts and traps. An ordinary person wouldn’t live.” Genkai said as I just stared at them, the others suddenly just left the tests.

     “No cowards will succeed will get through that forest.” The big guy said and bald head agreed, Genkai rolled her eyes and I stood straight.

   “I want to see Granny’s skills.” Yusuke said with excitement, my eyes darted at the detective.

   “Yusuke, it’s not wise to call her that.” I said with a hidden warning.

   “You will address me master, you imbecile.Don’t talk back.” Genkai said and I snorted at him.

  “You all have two hours, beginning now.” Genkai ran through the forest, I did the same but I have to admit she’s faster than me.

   When we reached the huge tree I sat down carefully and look up master Genkai, I noticed her face slowly turned into a calm one. She suddenly sat down and caressed my face.

    “Mujakina, how are you when you were in Tokyo?” She asked calmly.

   “Well, I was able to find a temporary home. The imbecile you just called took me in because he said I can clean and cook.” I said with my real voice.

   “That’s good, what are you planning right now?” She asked, I stared at her for a while and sighed for a minute. The old woman grabbed my chin gently and forced me to look at her.

“Tsume, remember your purpose in this world, you might not know you were born into something great someday. Don’t blame yourself why Izayoi died, it wasn’t your fault, it’s nobody’s fault. Not even Shinji.” She said as I just stared at her with my innocent eye, my hand simply touched the eye patch. I grabbed Genkai’s hand and gently snuggled it on my face.

    “Master Genkai, what will I be without you?” I asked, she smirked lightly and I gave her a puzzled look.

   “Probably a stupid Hobo running off the streets.” She joke as we both laughed.

   “It’s nice to hear you laugh again, Baka.” She said, my once cold eye turned into innocent once more and my stoic serious face softened on every touch and words she says.

     She really kind of reminds me of Izayoi, her gentle voice and her cocky attitude really makes me soft.

    Later on after we were having conversations the red head finally went to us, he gasped for breathe and finally stood straight.