Chapter 5: The four saint beast

Chapter 5: Four saint beasts

      When the both of us entered the room filled snakes, Yusuke shivered a bit but I didn’t. the two us lay down slowly letting the reptilians slitter on our bodies, my hand went over to my patch and in a second the detective watched me as I slid my hand off my blind eye and closed my eye.

    “ Hey Tsume.”

   “ Yeah?” I asked opening my eye, we both stared at each other until the detective started.

   “ You told me before that Genkai adopted you, what happened?” He asked curiously.

     The detective waited for his answer, I sighed deeply and let my head fall to my side, when my eye closed once more a bit of memories rushed over to my mind and my lips parted ready to tell him my story.

    “Genkai found me at the forest when I was only seven years old, I was at the brink of death. When I woke up inside the temple, she promised to protect me no matter what.” I said when I tried to sleep but the detective muttered something in a low tone and I just tried to ignore it.

    When I was about to enter the dream world and let sleep blankets me, Yusuke suddenly nudge my feet and my eye popped open and I gave him a puzzled look. The snake slitters on our feet, the detective somehow got used to it and inhaled deeply.

    “What?” I asked him, he stared at me for a while.

   “If….Koenma’s going to partner us up then, tell me about yourself. How did you become a watcher?” He closed his eye for a while; he opened them once more trying to hear what I’ll have to say to him.

   “After a year of my stay at Genkai’s temple many demons tried to kidnap and kill me, I forced her to tell me about the world. I pried and did everything I can to- I mean I was curious about so…When she told me her story and about the spirit world, and demon world, a grim reaper appeared the day after Genkai told me the story. “I told him while his eye’s softened a bit,.

    “Botan took me to King Yama and Koenma; he gave me the job at a very young age. When Genkai found out what happened she told me not to do it but I cannot decline the king’s orders. Genkai trained properly but I still haven’t got stronger yet. That’s why I’m kind of stuck with you right now.” I said then closed my eyes to sleep but once again Yusuke nudge me forcing my eye to open.

   “What detective?” I asked.

   “Why did you want to become a watcher?” He asked with his eyes closed as if he was sleeping, in a while his eyes opened once more but in a drowsy state.

  “I want to do it, It was my choice. Nothing more, go to sleep. We’re going to leave tomorrow.” I said closing my eyes once more; it seems that my sleepiness has gone away.

   Yusuke drifted off to Dream world, I just stared at him and the snakes slithering around his body. I stood up from the ground and left the room; I went to the balcony and let the cold breeze kiss my pale face.

    How much more can I keep on pretending?

    I can’t let Yusuke know that I’m Mujakina.

 My whole body jerked when I felt a hand tapping on my shoulder, Genkai was there behind me wearing her sleeping kimono.

    “Master Genkai…” I muttered, the old woman went to my side inhaling the wind that just passed by.

   “Why are you awake? Sleep. You and the dimwit have to go back to Tokyo tomorrow.” She said as I just stared down at her, is she trying to send me away?