Chapter 12

Dr. James explains to me since I got the epidural several hours of pushing has been depleted, and the body is doing it it's self. He told me if I wanted I could go back to sleep, and that he would wake me up when I was needed. I took his suggestion, what seemed like moments later i am told I am near the crowing stage and need to start pushing. I feel my belly and see that it is going and staying hard a lot longer than it was. When you feel the urge to push, do it. I pushed when I felt like it. I hear a wave of good job and that, it goes on like that for may be 15 minutes. "One more good push and your baby should be here." I push hard. "It's a boy they said, and I put him on my chest." I pull him close," Dr. Charles said I was having a girl I said dumbfounded. His face goes pale, I keep holding my baby boy. He was huge, probably a 10 pounder. They take him to clean him. James pushes around on my stomach," Congrats Tyler you're having twins." I groan, pushing the first time was easy but I was tired and this was getting uncomfortable. He checks her position," She's way up there." "I don't even think her amniotic fluid has broken yet." He does an ultrasound, "she's so tiny I don't think it would be safe for her to be born right now anyway." "We can try to stop your current labour and wait till she decides she wants to come." I nod sure," I had to do what was safest for her. The feeling in my legs had returned and the next thing I know I feel wet. Everything was sore so I wasn't to sure if I had peed myself or not. I wince as I sit up and I go to stand and water gushed out of me. Dr. James looks at me, "I'm gonna bet that was your other amniotic sac." I chuckled and decided to sit back down. My little boy was handed back to me, but I hadn't a clue what to name him. The nurse took my son away to clean him.