YOU BEFORE ME

NEWWIE 🗿

I came back to my condo confused more than ever. I was always aware of the unnatural closeness I share with Tay but I had never really thought that there could be more, because I had it in my head that I was meant to only like women. You don't really grow up thinking 'okay I will like another man!' I still didn't know what was happening but yes I had realised that I couldn't live without having Tay in my life.

Tay was so nervous about the whole dancing thing that I wanted to hug him and comfort him but instead ended up kissing him on his cheek, in public and on stage. No one, not even Tay understands how I feel about him. I would rather have him in my life than settle down with anyone else. I sighed..... how do I deal with this closeness?

I picked up my phone to check for any tweets from Tay after our performance but instead got the shock of my life when I saw tweets with hashtags of Shameless Newwie, Traitor Newwie or Hate Newwie floating everywhere on Twitter and same was happening on IG.
I read a few of the tweets and slowly slumped on the floor. Is that what everyone thinks about me? Is that how Tay feels about me? The way the hate messages went on and on and blamed me for breaking Tay's heart or accusing me of being a cheater I was absolutely speechless.

Was I really so bad? I was the one hurting Tay! Yes maybe I shouldn't be so selfish for wanting to be close to Tay and not be in a relationship with him. Maybe I should just do what Tay wants! I will keep myself away from him. I am his best friend, I am supposed to be his support instead I was hurting him. I will get out of Tay's life. I cannot make him happy, I am a worthless friend.....in fact I don't deserve to be his friend.....I should just move away from him. The warm tears that rolled down my cheeks were the tears of my silent heart break. Everyone out there hates me maybe this is what I deserve for hurting my Tay.

TAWAN 🌞

I ran towards Hin's condo but the door was locked and inspite of all my banging he didn't open it. Maybe he is not at home.....I called up on P'Yui's number.

"P'Yui do you know where Newwie is? I am really getting worried. I tried searching for him everywhere but I couldn't find him."

"Ever since I read all those tweets I have been trying to get in touch with him too Tay , but couldn't find him anywhere. Don't you have the spare key card to his condo?"

"Yeah I have but those he gave me for any emergency, I have never used them before."

"This is emergency Tay, everyone is worried here. If you find him please let me know immediately okay?"

"Yeah okay P"

"And Tay!!"

"Yes P??"

"Please take care of him."

I dug out the spare key card to Newwie's condo from where I had kept it safely in one of the drawers where I usually kept every gift which Newwie had given till date.

I opened the door to his condo but there was absolute silence inside. Maybe he really wasn't home. I went to his bedroom, the bed was untouched. There was sound of water running somewhere. I rushed towards the bathroom. The door was slightly ajar and I pushed it open. Steam and heat welcomed me. My eyes misted at the heat. The shower was running but where the heck was Newwie??

At the corner in the shower cubicle I saw him slumped on the floor. His eyes wide open and pretty much lifeless. He was naked except for his boxers. I can't remember any other time I had been scared more. His pale skin looked paler than normal and he seemed to be in a daze. "Hin! Hin!" I shook him hard. But there was no response. I quickly gathered the biggest towel on the shelf and wrapped it around his naked body.
After turning the shower off I tried pulling him up but he resisted.
"Hin!! Get up from here!! You will fall sick!!"
I shouted at him. His forehead was already warm, I had no idea how long he had been sitting there.
"Hin!!" I shook him again since he remained unresponsive.
"Tay, do you hate me too?" His voice almost inaudible he whispered.
"Are you crazy? How can I hate you? You know that I love you so much Hin!!"
"You hate me because you love me....right??"
I cupped his face with my hand and turned it to face me, "Look at me Hin! Look at me!!"
He finally looked me in the eye and my heart almost stopped because I had never seen so much pain in his eyes ever.
"I can never hate you. I don't know who tweeted what or why and honestly I don't care nor should you? I don't navigate my emotions in accordance with the mood of our fans ....or haters. I simply love you, do you understand that? That can never change even when we may no longer be part of each other's lives."