A GAME OF KISSES

NEWWIE 🗿

"How are you doing? Are you hurt anywhere?" That was the umpteenth time Tay asked me this ever since he came to my condo. After the basic first aid the doctor said I was lucky to have escaped unscathed. Yeah he should really check out my social media to see how lucky I was😏. But sometimes these kind of shocks are probably required to get clarity in life.

"Neeeeeewwww!!! Are you okay? Please say something."

"I am fine Tay, actually I have never been better than this."

"You don't need to be so sarcastic, I am just concerned."

"I am anything but sarcastic. Trust me Tay I have never been more serious in my life."

"What's wrong with you? You have been talking in riddles ever since that accident, even over the phone, you were not making sense. What the hell happened New?"

"You happened!"

"Again the same thing.....you said the same thing when I called you. What do you even mean by that?"

"When my car got hit and I had no idea how bad the accident was....I started imagining the worse, you know maybe I would die kinda worse.....but then when I closed my eyes the only thing I could think of was that I wanted to see you one last time. It was like my dying wish........."
Tay suddenly covered my mouth with his palm, "Don't you ever dare say such things in front of me. It really scares me. I....I.....have no idea how to live without you Hin." His face was inches apart from mine and his eyes had had grown bigger as if horrified even by the thought of loosing me.

"Nor I Tay"

"What?" He whispered.

"I said neither do I."

Both of us were quiet. We stared at each other wordlessly, probably speaking a million words in our silence. We both had always known that we were closer than normal best friends but how close was the answer that we.........no I, needed to find out.

"Newwie I...I think I should get going." He stood up suddenly as if in a hurry. I knew he was getting uncomfortable and wanted to get away from me.

I grabbed his hand and he halted. "Tay who would you think of if you were in my place?" I don't know why I really wanted to know the answer and was maybe hoping that he would take my name but well Tay was Tay 😏😏

He looked at me and smiled mischievously, "hmmmm....I don't know.......oh!! No I know!!! I would definitely think about Khaotang!!! If I die who would feed my poor baby."

"Baby?? baby my ass!!! That dog is vicious. He would probably bite me to death if he gets a chance." I rolled my eyes and I meant what I said. Khaotang was Tay's pet and our animosity was mutual 🙄. I simply hated (okay maybe hated is too strong a word definitely disliked) that dog and was maybe teeny tiny bit scared of it ☺️

Tay laughed out loud. "What?? my poor innocent little Khaotang? There is no other more harmless creature existing on earth."
I rolled my eyes again. Yeah innocent..my foot! But I didn't say anything as there never really was an end to that argument.

"Tayyyyy seriously tell me na who would you think about?"

"God! Because only God could save me from dying." He laughed seeing my annoyed face.

"Fine don't tell me!! If you are ever in a life or death situation think about Khaotang, he will save you.....or maybe God might come himself and save you." I pouted

"You know you must be the first human on earth who is jealous of a dog!! And why the hell does poor little Khaotang do all the hard work? You can save me, didn't you save me from that paromotor that day and I didn't even have a dying wish of seeing you, but still you came.....you were Godsent" He said laughing.