Chapter :- 14

Mingwan's POV

"Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me." I muttered as I shut my eyes and plopped on the bed. Taehyung, sitting next to me, shook his head. "I'm not kidding. He never got out." He said.

"Then who was sending her those letters???" I asked.

"There are two possibilities." He started and I sat up straight, trying to concentrate.

"One, it may not have anything to do with Suhwin. Maybe it's someone else who thinks playing crammy jokes is full." He said, shrugging. "Second, maybe it's not Suhwin, but someone from his gang."

"Gang?" I asked. "Yeah, Haeyoung told me that before he was arrested, he had admitted to being part of a very big group of people who does some not very good things." Taehyung said.

"So, in other words, a gang or mafia." I said and he nodded. "Yes, but he never gave a name or hint for the gang. So it maybe someone from that gang, targeting Naehee. Perhaps because they think it's her fault that Suhwin got arrested. Maybe they think that she is not quite over him, and when she get the letters, she'll understand it's from him and want to meet him. Then they'll set the trap to catch her." He explained.

I nodded. What he was saying made a lot of sense. But still, this has to stop.

"Bro?" My cousin sister called from outside the door. "Yeah, come in." Taehyung told and she entered. Jumping on the bed and sitting with her legs crossed, she started to speak.

"I just had a thought. What if it's not Suhwin? Maybe it's someone pretending to be him, you know. To get back at Naehee for getting him prisoned."

"That's exactly what I was saying to him." Taehyung said. "Or maybe it can be someone who just plays jokes as fun."

"Either way, whether it's him, or someone playing as him, or someone playing a joke, we're sticking with the plan." Silnae said. "Then we'll find out who the person is."

"Yeah, that's right." I said. "Now you both, get out. Tomorrow we have to go around searching for contacts, and I wanna get some sleep."

They both said good night and left. I offed the lights, laid back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. It was pitch dark, so I couldn't see the ceiling anyway, but I just couldn't sleep. Someone is targeting my girlfriend, but whom? What if she gets hurt? What if....

As if on cue, my phone rang. I turned over to see who it was, and my expression turned happy as I picked up.

"Hey babe." She said. "Hey, how are you?" I asked and she chuckled. "Well, I'm okay and not kidnapped, if that's what you mean." She said.

"Why didn't you sleep yet?" I asked. She sighed and answered, "I was feeling scared. I couldn't sleep." "Baby, you don't have to be scared." I assured her. "I won't let anything happen to you."

"Promise?" I could literally feel her pouting, so I chuckled and said, "PROMISE."

"I love you." She said and again, I started smiling like an idiot. I mean yeah, she said it already but it never fails to make my heart skip a beat. "I love you too." I replied and smiled.

"Good night." She said. "Good night, jagiya." I said and hung up. Phone calls from her always gives me a smile. I never wanna lose her, and I'll make sure that doesn't happen.

                        *    *    *    *

                        (Morning)

"I did not sleep one bit." I kept complaining at the table to my aunt, making everyone else groan.

"Can you not." Taehyung said.