13

Around midday on Saturday, Jaemin was messing around in his room when he got a text. Of course, it was Jeno. He never really texted anyone else since Renjun was always busy.

Hater:

Yo do you wanna go get ice cream?

Nana:

ye lemme get dressed and we can meet at the park and walk there

So that's what the boys did. The ice cream place was a twenty-minute walk away, but both were used to it since they went there a lot. It was beside a serene lake. People were littered everywhere. Swimming, playing volleyball, hanging out and even having picnics. Jaemin always liked how refreshing it was.

The pair walked up to the stand and thankfully there wasn't a line. Jeno let Jaemin order first.

"Could I have a chocolate fudge swirl, please?" he asked politely. The cashier nodded, with a smile, and wrote it down on a notepad. Then she looked up at Jeno.

It took him another second of looking at the menu before he answered, "May I have an orange dreamsicle with the crunchy things on top?"

Once they finally got their cones, Jaemin and Jeno went to their favorite bridge. It went over a small runoff piece of the lake. Overall, the actual lake was fairly large.

Jaemin smiled at Jeno, "Thank you."

"You're welcome, but for what?"

"For buying me ice cream," Jaemin replied as he bit the ice cream.

Jeno shook his head, "Why am I friends with you?"

"Now who sounds like Renjun?"