Flowers for Yushi

I’ve always wanted the traditional Shinto wedding, in a shrine, with only our family and closest friends there. I wanted to see you wearing that shiromuku, I wanted to wear the motsuki. I wanted it simple and a simple kekkon hiroen after was enough for me, as long as I had the rest of my life to spend with you, it was enough. But we did agree, with all the people we needed to invite, and both of us being not so traditional, it would better to have a contemporary wedding, with you wearing that white gown, and that white veil, and me getting stuck in this tuxedo. I knew I should have cut down on those yakinuki chomp down with Gakuto two weeks before the wedding, now I stand here staring at this hideous looking me trying to fit myself in a tuxedo two sized smaller than I was. But it’s too late to complain now.

“E? Looking good there cuz! Except a little fluffy on the sides there.”

Kenya. I almost forgot about him. All I could do was roll my eyes at my debonair of a cousin who looked better than me in his tuxedo because he didn’t have a nervous breakdown and started chomping down yakinuki before the wedding. Because yes, even I, Oshitari Yuushi experience butterflies in my stomach just thinking about this whole wedding thing. I can’t believe we were pushing through with this wedding, after all, it was only two seasons back that Atobe lost his wife and kids to that plane crash, and only last winter did Kawamura lose his father to a heart attack. What was I thinking? Pushing for a wedding like this when some of my closest friends are still mourning; how very insensitive of me; should I call it off? Now, that would just be stupid. If I wanted to push back the wedding, I should have done it weeks, no, months ago, not on the day of the wedding itself. Oh, don’t you dare get cold feet Yuushi, don’t you even dare.

“Oi, Yuushi! Aren’t you going to put that coat on yet? The ceremony’s going to start in a few minutes.”

Argh! Gakuto, no need to remind me. I’m actually doing this, I’m actually going to get married. It was like it was only yesterday that I first saw her in that hallowed halls of the University.

“Their Aster.”

“Gomen.”

“The flowers, they’re Aster.”

“E?”

“You don’t know anything about flowers do you?”

“Not really.”

“You’ve been staring at the flowers a while now, so I thought I should inform you, they’re called Aster.”

“Sou dane.”

“They were named after stars, since they look similar to one. Asters are a symbol of love, and of daintiness.”

“E? These flowers?”

“You look so surprised.”

“They don’t look very loving to me.”