Echizen's Last Dance

She had never looked prettier than the way she looked tonight, her long brown hair flowing freely in the wind, her brown orbs speaks of an unheard spell that has successfully captured my heart. Her gentle angelic face seems to glimmer in the lights, and the shadows that the moon has casted on her tender figure elaborately decorate her gentle physique. I've seen her for so many years, her smiling face, her adorable smile, her silly antics, her severe lack of direction, her determination. Everything about her just appears so special tonight. Everything about her is like a dream come true, and I haven't even gone to sleep yet.

I can hear the saxophone, the violin, the cello, the piano, the trumpets; the band drowns my illusion with music, with each step we take swaying to the beating of my heart. Like this melody was composed especially for us to share. I have never been this excited in my life. And honestly, I feel so happy holding her in my arms tonight, for once I was not ashamed that the senpai-tachi has been grinning at me all night for having been dancing with her for almost an hour. Oh dear! We've been dancing for almost an hour, her feet must already hurt. Well, if they do, she's not showing it, because her smile can melt my heart into goo.

How long have I known you? How many years have I let pass by without telling you how much your face has haunted me. How long must I wait again before I finally admit to you, that even whilst I was away in the other end of the world, you were with me, in my dreams, in my heart? You were there each time I closed my eyes. Because each time I did, all I could see was your angelic face calling me, saying my name.

"Ryoma-kun."

Yes, say it one more time.

"Ryoma-kun."

"E?"

"Can we please rest a while? We've been dancing to almost every song that the band has been playing. My feet kind of hurt now."

Even when you complain, you still look so kawaii. I couldn't help myself from grinning and I can't stop myself if I still want to hold your hands even though we're walking over to our table now. Honestly, I hate gatherings, especially those that require me to wear a tuxedo. But, since it's that pompous Atobe's birthday, and it's the first time he's celebrating it again, after his wife and children died so, let it be. Plus, the whole gang is here tonight. I did miss everyone, haven't seen them in a year since I went for the grand slam. Pity that Tezuka-buchou had already retired from the professional scene, it would have been me against him rather than me going against that, what was his name again, oh it doesn't matter, I beat his behinds to pulp anyway. Anyway, back to my sweet Ryuuzaki, okay, maybe from now on I should refer to you by name, since saying your surname taste like I'm desperately in love with my former tennis coach. I feel shivers down my spine.

I hate it when the senpai-tachi looks at me like that, especially how Fuji-senpai has the eerie smile, I feel like his brewing up a master plan to murder any possible hope of me having a peaceful evening. And what is with that face Momo-senpai, Eiji-senpai? You both look like constipated parrots. Inui-senpai, don't even try to hide you facial reaction, I can read through those glasses of yours. Come on! Not you too Kaidoh-senpai. And why the heck is Oishi-senpai blushing? If Kawamura-senpai's smile can get any wider, I think he'll need a third ear so I can still describe it as ear to ear. Well, at least Tezuka-buchou is not staring like the others. Maybe we should sit beside Tezuka-buchou and his family.

As I thought, Tezuka-buchou was not staring because he was too busy hiding his smile behind his son's head. I glare at them, all of them.

"Ne, Ryuuzaki, do you want to dance with me?"

"Iie, she doesn't want to dance with you Horio."

"E? Why are you answering for her Echizen?"

"Ryuuzaki, didn't you say your feet were hurting?"