Chapter 15

Try to enjoy. Vote or Comment. Comment mostly because I need to know the readers opinion.

~Neli

************************************************************************************************************

I wanted to run again. But I couldn't. My legs weren't listening to my brain. Instead they did what my heart said. "Keep going, you might get hurt again."

To think the brain would say something like that. But it was my heart. It now has a mind of its own. After all these years. And it uses it's mind to tell me not to know if I love Devin.

My mind yelled at me as I followed Cole to his car.

You love him. Don't fight it. Just run into his arms and forgive him. Kiss him. Hug him. Love him. Because that's all you want to do Scarlet! You want to love the man you're in love with. So why don't you just run into his arms.

I shook my head. I don't love him. I can't love him. He doesn't know what he's saying. Maybe it was his way of trying to get me to run into his arms. Maybe he ju--

"Scarlet. You okay?" Cole interrupted the war in my head.

I stared at him. Am I okay? Am I really okay?

No.. I'm not okay.

"Y-yea.." I whispered.

"You sure. I've been saying your name for the past minute. And you didn't hear me," he replied, opening a car door. He gesture me to get in and I did so.

"Just thinking...."

He didn't ask anything else. He got in and stared at the people ahead. I stare at my hand. The hands Devin held, kissed, and tightened. The hands that touched Devins face. Intertwined with his hands. Touched his bare chest. Felt his lips. Caught his eyes attention. A small smile made its way onto my lips.

*Flashback: July 23rd*

"What are you staring at?" I asked Devin, as we walked towards the beach.

"Your hands. They're beautiful," he whispered.

I blushed. "They're just hands. With nails. And fingers. And skin," I mumbled, staring at our intertwined hands.

"Hands that make you feel things. Hands that makes you hold things. Hands that can be kissed. Beautiful hands,"

He kissed my sweaty palm. "Devin. My hands are sweating. That's just nasty," I commented.

He smiled. "I swapped spit with you when we kiss. Sweat is just another thing I'll take from you," he chuckled, kissing my cheeks.

I rolled my eyes and stared back at our hands. "Still. Sweat is salty, dirty liquid." I muttered, swinging my free hand.

He let go of my hands and removed his shirt. My eyes trailed over to his abdomen. His built abdomen. His beautiful golden, built abdomen.

Hehehe. 'You dirty child.' my mind yelled, as dirty images appears in my head.

"You can stare when we swim. As for now. Jump in the water." Devin said, making me look up at his face.

I blushed and followed him into the water. Too lazy to remove my clothes. Devin gave me a piggy back ride to where the water hit the middle of his chest. I got off and stood in front of him. He smiled down at me. I slowly placed my hand on his abdomen. It felt hard. My fingers drew a heart on his abdomen. I felt him shiver as my fingers outlined his abs.

"You're enjoying this too much," Devin whispered. I laughed and nodded, not meeting his gaze.

"Mhm..."