Chapter 11 - Wedding Bells & Tears That Well...

Chapter 11 – Wedding Bells & Tears That Well…

Sandra smiled for the photographer again, remembering the day’s events with a happy heart; never remembering being so happy… it had all been a bit of a blur… but they’d got there in the end.

~Flashback~

It had started raining lightly, and Sandra remembered the old saying about rain being good luck on your wedding day… but all other thought on the matter were suddenly wiped from her mind as the sound of the organ starting up rang in her ears.

She tried to steady her breathing as first Cara, then Shannon, then Carrie stepped out of the enclave and began to walk down the aisle ahead of her… then it was her turn.

She shifted on her feet nervously, the wedding march beginning as she said. “Don’t let me fall, dad…”

Her dad smiled cheekily. “Never.”

And then they were moving, walking down the aisle as well. Again, Sandra had to remind herself to breathe, trying not to look at the sea of faces staring at her; and then she looked up… and saw Jeordie. His bright smile wiped everyone else around her from the room…and her nerves settled.

The ceremony went by without her really taking notice of anything but Jeordie… with the minister having to ask her again to say ‘I do’ because she was so wrapped up in the moment, only coming back to reality when the cool metal of the wedding band slipped onto her finger and the minister pronounced them ‘man and wife’…and then he’d kissed her…

~End Flashback~

As the photographer finally went away again, music struck up and someone said over the microphone. “Ah, ladies and gentlemen, please clear a space as Mr. and Mrs. White take to the floor for their first dance…”

An applause rose up from the crowd of their nearest and dearest as they stepped into the empty space on the dance floor and began to waltz. Sandra couldn’t help but breathe a silent sigh of relief when Carrie, Cara, and Shannon, her bridesmaids, and their partners stepped onto the floor and began to waltz with them; earning yet another round of applause, and several laughs from the girls as they danced – Cara asking to ‘cut in’ at one point as well.

Just as she and Cara decided to go and get another drink, an all too familiar voice decided to pipe up not too far behind Sandra. “Might I get a dance with the lovely bride?” she heard Manson ask politely and she nodded as she turned to face him.

“Of course, but just one mind you.” She smiled as best she could, stil not sure where she stood in regards to this.

“Congratulations.” Manson smiled down at her and kissed her cheek. “He’s a very lucky guy.”

“Thankyou, Marilyn…” Sandra’s smile became genuine. “That means a lot.”

“You’re welcome…” he trailed off as he spun her once before going back into the waltz pose they’d assumed before. “You look lovely.”

“You want something.” Sandra sighed but accepted the compliment.

“Just to ask you something.” Manson admitted. ‘Here we go…’ Sandra thought as she saw him look over her shoulder as he continued. “Who’s the tall, gangly fellow Shan’s with?” ‘And there it is.’ Sandra’s subconscious finished off for her.

“That’s her boyfriend, Ville Valo.” Sandra smiled as she looked over her shoulder at her friend and fellow band member who was laughing with Cara and Ville.

“Isn’t he the singer in that ‘Love Metal’ genre band?” Manson frowned, eyes narrowed slightly and Sandra could only assume they’d kissed or something like that. “Why the heck would she be with him?” he asked, genuinely befuddled.

“I’d imagine,” Sandra began, twisting out of Manson’s grip as the waltz music ended. “Because she’s in love with him…and if you make a scene today I’ll fucking kill you.” Sandra replied, deathly quietly, smiling daggers at him as they came to a stop.

“She…she loves him?” Manson replied, his voice barely audible to hide the hurt in his eyes.

“What’d you expect after you broke her heart?” Sandra replied as she curtsied sarcastically and turned to go back to Twiggy’s side. “She moved on…why can’t you?”

***

Sandra kissed Jeordie passionately as the limo door snapped shut behind her, recently acquired memories flitting through her brain as they were taken towards the airport, and thus their honeymoon destination… which Jeordie was keeping a secret! But one memory drifted to the surface… and it had only just happened too…

~Flashback~

Sandra was laughing, facing away from the group behind her comprised of mainly female friends and relatives, hoping she didn’t fall over doing this. With a shrill cry of excitement, Sandra lobbed her bouquet over her head behind her and spun on the spot to see who caught it.

Sandra’s laughter had become almost silent when she’d seen it had broken into two parts…and both Cara and Shannon caught them and were looking at each other with wide eyes, not sure if they were excited or wanted to throw the flowers away, screaming.

“Looks like you two are next then!” Sandra laughed as the two girls looked up at their respective partners shyly. “Have fun with that, boys!”

“Don’t do anything we wouldn’t!” Cara called out, regaining her composure after Pogo had winked at her cheekily.

“That narrows it down!” Shannon had laughed as she’d waved energetically at Sandra. “Do come back in one piece!”

Sandra grinned wickedly as she looked from Jeordie’s mischievous smile to Shannon again. “No promises…” and then she’d tumbled into the limo with Jeordie…

~End Flashback~

“So…” Jeordie’s voice brought her back to the present as he twined his fingers with hers and pressed a tender kiss to the back of her hand. “Is fame and fortune all you thought it would be?” he asked with a sly smile as Sandra  pule dhim down for another kiss.

“Nope.” She smiled, whispering as she pressed her lips to his again lovingly. “It’s better.

***

Finish

This has been a story for TilskKarishma