Chapter 24: Reunite

Back at the outside of the base where Ryo and Riku were at, many different burnt marks were everywhere on Ryo's body and his clothes were all dirty and some parts burnt. Ryo could feel Riku getting closer and closer on breaking the seal, releasing all his energy. He's not dead yet and Riku wants him dead, it must mean that he'll soon lose his patience now.

"ahaha, perfect..." he thought to himself, laying on the ground looking up at Riku with pleasure and excited for this one last blow before all his powers will be freed.

Wanting to hit him again with all his power and resentment, Riku heard a voice in his mind. It was Touma's voice.

"Oi Riku, you can stop now. You don't need to continue anymore, it'll destroy you and everything else"

".........."

"I know you want to destroy him but it doesn't matter anymore. Tenn is fine now, Tsumugi is healing him right now, you both can see each other again"

"......Tenn-nii was still hurt...." Riku's voice was weak and shaky thinking that he could've been able to protect Tenn if he knew his powers then.

"I know but still...you shouldn't let your emotions take over you, it's not worth your time and strength to destroy him"

However, Riku ignored Touma's reasoning and carried on walking closer to Ryo readying his strings of fire surrounding him again but burning brighter and getting hotter making Touma worrying since this final blow would lead to his spell to break.

"Riku! You need to stop! Remember last time, 70 years ago!" Touma shouted in Riku's mind.

Hearing what Touma had said loud and clear, it made Riku's movement stop with the flames stopped flowing being still. He remembered clearly about what had happened that unfortunate day and realize if he hits Ryo again it'll be repeated but this time he'll be sure that he will die and so will everyone else, his eyes back to normal with it's gentleness along with his conscience to. "I'm sorry Toum-san for causing you trouble but thank you for snapping me out of it" as he said that in his mind he had a tender smile on his face, it made Ryo wonder what he was planning now, he never thought that he would smile right now in the situation he is in.

"It's fine but you should hurry just leave Ryo there, he's probably going to die sooner or later"

".....I had another idea though...."

"huh...what is it?" being a little sceptical with the idea he had but still letting Riku explain it more thoroughly.

"Unseal my desire magic"

"What?! No way! That uses too much magic energy for you" without a second thought Touma spoke out loud with the intention of sounding firm to his words.

"Please Touma-san, I promised that it'll be fine. I'm more stable now"

"Your emotions yes but you went over your energy capacity from healing quicker than normal and your fire magic so you have no magic energy anymore, plus your body is more weaker now as well"

"I promise that it'll be fine. Do you trust me?" he had a pleading tone in his voice which would make Touma feel guilty of his actions.

Being defeated by Riku's Touma agreed, ".......fine then but I swear down, if you die on me, I'm never going to forgive you"

"Mhm! Your the best Touma-san!"

Back where Touma was he smiled hearing Riku said that he then unsealed the desire magic and sealed back the fire magic he had used before the magic would consume Riku's life instead of his scarce energy resource. He then told Riku using his telepathy that it has been unsealed and list of the precautions again which Riku only sighed and followed.