1

The waves crashed against the sand making a comforting beachy noise fill the atmosphere. The sun shone brightly, warming up the air and making the golden sand seem like a big amount of glitter under peoples' feet. That May, the weather was already as hot as in a summery month, and the suffocating thick air was every now and then replaced by a slightly cooler breeze. 

Sooyoung shied in satisfaction, her eyes closed, and her body laying on a towel flatly spread on the sandy ground. That day was perfect for her, someone who didn't get to see the sea very often because of her parents' never ending work. They almost never slept at home because they had too much to do, and they barely spent any time with her. Sooyoung's only company at home was her older brother, Junmyeon. He was a nice and caring guy, a kind heartwarming smile always present on his lips, a smile that never failed to brighten any bad mood.

Sooyoung's phone suddenly buzzed at her side, making her jump in surprise. Her favourite song played as her call ringtone while the screen showed one of her brother's charming pictures. Sooyoung quickly answered the call, before bringing her phone to her ear. 

"Oh hey Junmyeon! Wassup?" She shot in a fake excited tone. Her brother has called her at least seven times. She only arrived the night before though. 

"Hey, how are you?" July replied from the other side of the phone, after letting out a quite disappointed sigh. 

"Fine." Sooyoung shortly answered, noticeably annoyed. "What do you want again?"

"Yah! I remind you that you should respect older people you spoiled little kid!" Junmyeon playfully scolded. "I call to make sure everything is okay and all I get is disrespect!"

"Woah! Calm down you grandpa. Everything is okay. I am deeply touched by your conncern but I beg you to let me breathe." Her last words came in a fake emotional tone. 

"Okay! Fine! Bye for now! And don't forget to say hi to the other kid." Junmyeon said before hanging up. 

Sooyoung then carelessly threw her phone in her bag and shied in relief, before trying to get back to her initial position. She was happy to have such a caring brother even if she didn't show it that much. She closed her eyes and breathed in the fresh. A few moments later, a shadow hid the sun from her. With eyebrows knitting together, Sooyoung's eyes fluttered open only to be met by two black orbs staring at her own, a bright smile thugging the corners of the boy's lips, as he squatted in front of her laying body, while holding one cone of icecream in each hand.

"Hi sleeping Beauty." Her best friend teased. 

"Eww! Shut up and gimme my icecream." Sooyoung cringed at the cheesy nickname. 

The boy settled himself at her left bofore handing her the Strawberry flavoured icecream he was holding earlier in his right hand, he then started to lick on his own dessert tasting the caramel topping.

"Oh, and Jongin," Sooyoung creaned her neck towards her best friend who kept detailing his icecream, as he hummed in response."I had Junmyeon on the phone, and he says hi to you."

"Oh, that's nice from him." Jongin delivred Sooyoung a genuine smile.

Junmyeon had been like an older brother to him too, considering the fact that Jongin was an only child, and he spent most of his free time in Sooyoung's house. It almost felt like he was in his own home : he would spend his afternoons there, sleep over on weekends,... For Jongin's parents, they had their offices at home, but that didn't make them less occupied by their work. They would stay locked inside their offices and only come out for food or bathroom, wich made the house quite empty. They also owned another house near the beach, where they occasionally spent holidays, and where Jongin went that time, bringing with him his bestfriend.