ELIJAH

My name is Elijah. I grew up in a quiet middle class neighborhood in Kansas city with my dad and mom. From what I can remember, I knew we were happy.
My father loved us and music. I remember when his favorite song was playing on the radio he will quickly get up and start dancing. I remember my mum calling him flamingo because he used to dance like a flamingo.
Aside dancing he also knew how to play the guitar. He had started teaching me how to play but unfortunately classes got cancelled as he died in a car crash when I was 6; right after my mom had given birth to my twin sisters Stacey and Macey.
I remember that night my mom cried her heart out. It was surprising to my six year old brain because, I had never seen my mum cry, ever. Even when she got burnt whilst cooking she never flinched.
Weeks passed, my dad was buried and now all that was left was a widowed mother with a broken heart, a six year old boy and two newborns. How was she ever going to cope?
Life went straight downhill from there as the only source of income in our family had just passed. My mother was a housewife who had never worked a real job in her entire life. Seeing as bills started growing into mountains, she was forced to make ends meet. She sold our house and took up two jobs; one as a secretary in our uncle James office and another as a part time waitress in a city bar.
My mum always came home miserable, depressed and tired and could barely do any housework. I was forced to grow up in order to take care of my sisters.
A few years passed and nothing had changed only our age, and things were still tough. I had started working as a shop attendant in a convenience store in the neighborhood just trying to earn some money to help out with the bills but no matter how much I made it didn't even make a dent we had become poor people and with each passing day our only option was to survive.
Under all this bullshit I had something to keep me going, and that was music. Music was my way out, my family's way out of this never ending nightmare and my plan was to make it in the industry.
Every time in my free time between school and work I'd practice, i'd write songs and make beats and sometimes record myself on my phone that is. One day I was in the store and well it was a slow day so I decided to practice singing a song I had just wrote. I had my back facing the counter thus I really couldn't see anyone who walked into the store.
I was still doing my thing until I was interrupted by a customer. I turned to face him.
"Hey, you're really good". He said.
"Thanks". I replied.
He asked me if I had a demo, which I didn't.
He then gave me his card and told me to drop by then paid and left.
Not knowing what just happened I looked at his card, and on his card was the name Liam Payne of Industry records. I immediately yelled "Hell Yeah!!". I had just met the man who could change my life forever.

Authour's notes
"Hi guys, this is my very first book. I'll like to know what you think about this chapter. Please let know your thoughts in the comments section (whether good or bad). Don't forget to vote if you're loving it."