WHY US

Still overwhelmed by what was going on at that moment, I was totally shocked, and I believe it was just too much for me.

I still couldn't comprehend what had just happened.

Finally in what felt like a 100 years of sorrow and pain some good news  was finally coming my family's way.

I quickly rushed to the bar to look for my mum to tell her the news,but she had left for home. 
Apparently stacey wasnt feeling too well and so she had to leave to go take care of her.

So the next day I woke up to an unusual  house everyone was just so busy,
my mum was getting ready to take stacey to the hospital seeing she still wasn't feeling all to well, and I guess Macey was tagging along.

I was to meet Mr Payne later in the week to finalize my contract and all that,
but before all that is to happen, I still wasn't signed and I was still just a shop attendant.

Speaking on shop, I had to get there like asap, as my shift was starting and seeing that I was treading on thin ice with my boss I couldn't be late.

I quickly rushed to the shop with just a few minutes to spare, about to start a very long and boring day .

Finally finally my shift was done and I was getting ready to head home.

With all that was happening with stacey, I didn't get time to tell my mum what had happened last night at the bar, and I was hoping to tell her tonight when I got home.
All throughout the bus ride I was just buzzing with excitement,
I was playing different scenarios in my head about how she'll react to the good news and fortunately there was none that she didn't approve of the news.

I finally got home and I open the door,and walk into the living room and  the vibe in the room is so dark

There my mum is sitting on the couch with stacey lying on her lap and Macey sitting in the other chair and I looked at stacey and I realized she looked more pale than usual and I looked at Macey and I see her crying I also turn to look at my mum and she's also crying.
I'm confused and I ask my mother what's wrong?, what's going on?.
She slowly lifted her head towards me to answer my question, and as I gazed upon her face it looked familiar, it was the same faced she showed me when my father died
she tried to tell me what was going on but every time she tried she just broke down to tears, It was horrifying,she finally mumbled out the words
           "STACEY HAS CANCER "
In shock of what I'd just heard I couldn't even move , I was stuck standing with my mouth open wide.
I broke down and cried like a baby it was just too much, it was too much what at all hand stacey done, she's this clumsy but cute twin who saw the good in this cold dark world.
I fell onto the floor and started screaming
WHY ? WHY?!!! WHY US.
It felt like our lives were cursed, for every victory we claimed it cost us 30 steps backwards and now, how was i ever going to tell them my good news.
Lying on the floor like a child, crying I screamed once again

WHY US !.