Chapitre 4

"Hey, stop that, don't be hurt by my words I was just joking okay ?" Chanyeol glanced at Kris and gave him an apologetic smile. Sorry, I can't remember anything, I'm sorry if I've hurt you. But Kris never smiled at him, not even once.

When he wakes up Chanyeol knows where he can find Kris, there is always this faint scent of coffee every time he wakes up indicating that the blond was in the kitchen. As always he was alone in his bed and there was always this feeling of disappointment that tells him that he was expecting something.

It's cold. So he goes to the kitchen where Kris is because there is always that mug of coffee for him.

Today is not an exception. And without noticing it became a routine.

Today as well he wakes up alone in the big bed, the same king-sized bed, still alone, with always the same scent of coffee coming from the kitchen. It was weird. It feels like someone is watching a movie and keep replaying it to the beginning. It's been a month since he met Kris and been aware of the time passing.

"Why do you keep making a mug of coffee for me ?"

"Because you used to love it." Used to love.

Something's off, whenever he asks Wufan always reply with the same answer. It sounded like a broken record.

"Why do you keep making a mug of coffee for me ?"

"Because you used to love it."

He hates it.

He doesn't understand Wufan and maybe never will. Chanyeol isn't really sure if he really wants to.

"Hey, Kris... I hate coffee.." Chanyeol mumbled as he stared at the coffee between his hand before drinking it.

"Yeah... I know." Simply answered Kris, eyes closed as if he refused to look at him.

I hate it.

"I'm getting sick of it."

"Me too."

Stretching his numb members then yawn was always something he'd do when he woke up before getting aware of the environment around him and today was no exception. As usual, he stretched himself and yawned before noticing it was still night and today again he fell asleep on the couch. Still lying on the couch he rubbed his eyes as he yawned one more time before getting up but ended falling on the couch still too tired. Sitting, he waited for his eyes to grow accustomed to the darkness when he noticed the sound coming from the bathroom. How weird, usually there's no one at home at this hour. And Kris has never been here the night from the beginning.

Chanyeol knows because it's usually silent. But tonight, it was different because there were those sounds.

The sound of someone showering and the sound of bare feet echoing through the flat.

"Wow, you slept on the couch again, did you sleep well ?" Said a soft and gentle voice. Chanyeol looked at the person talking to him without answering, feeling too hazy he lowered his gaze to yawn once more and stretching himself again.

"You won't greet me huh.." continued the person with the soft voice still waiting for Chanyeol's answer. When Chanyeol felt a bit more awake he looked at his interlocutor again. But when he did, no words came to his mind. He just blinked, once then twice.