Prologue

Hey guys!! This is my first fan fiction so it's not going to be as good as others, but I'm trying! Hope you enjoy! <3

-Torii

- - - - - - - - - -

It was another day at work.

Another slow day.

I was assorting the dog food cans because some kid thought it would be fun to grab each can and put them in the cat food aisle. Seriously, where were the parents??

"Ana Marie!" I heard in a sing song voice.

I turned around and saw my friend Flo.

"Ana Maria! It's with an 'a' please!"

"I know! But it annoys you and that is my natural goal as your best friend," she replies. I just playfully rolled my eyes at her comment.

"What do you want? I'm a little busy."

"Yeah, I noticed. I just wanted to make sure you were ready for tomorrow night!"

"I'm not going, remember?"

"Oh, crap, that's right... I forgot you have to work. I'll take pictures and record them for you then!"

"Thanks, Flo."

Since she told me about her extra ticket for my favorite boy band, One Direction, like a week before, I didn't have time to change my schedule or switch shifts with anyone, especially because all of my co-workers hated (and probably still hate) the boys, so they immediately rejected me after I stated my reason. It was an understatement to say I was bummed about that.

"Well, it's probably best to leave you with whatever you're doing."

"Thanks Florida. I'll text you later." I say with a smile.

I was getting hungry so I checked my wrist to see what time it was, but I remembered that I had forgotten my watch that morning.

I felt someone approaching me and turned around, but too late to see who it was. All I saw was a gray shirt. I got back to arranging the cans, hoping it would almost be time for my lunch break.

"Excuse me," I heard, in an accent that's clearly not from around here. I turned around and saw a tallish, blonde hair boy in a gray muscle shirt, blue jeans, and Adidas sneakers.

"Oh geez... Could it really be him?" I thought.

"Good a-afternoon" was all I could manage to squeak. I felt like I was shaking and I had trouble balancing myself. Could he tell?

You're shaking as if there's an earthquake! Of course he notices!

"Where are the cat toys?" He asks in that Irish accent. He seems embarrassed to ask this.

"They're, um...." I had a lump in my throat that just wouldn't go down. I had to be dreaming.

I cleared my throat and continued. "Over by the, er... Over there," I finally said, pointing and looking down at the floor. It was so embarrassing. I was so nervous and I want to pull my braid off and scream like I was about to get murdered. It was insanity. Why was Niall James Horan in the same pet store I worked in? Why was he speaking words to me? Geez! I hated him! He needed to leave, like, at that moment. But he still stood there.

"Are you okay?" he asked?

I felt sick, so no, I wasn't ok. No.

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Is it safe to assume you're a fan?"

"Very safe," I mumbled.

"Then you're very lucky. There was another girl in the other aisle that I was going to ask when I saw you were busy, but she looked pissed so I decided to bother you instead," he said with a chuckle.

Why is he starting a conversation with you?

Oh! Ha! Must have been Melanie."

And how are you continuing one?

"Even the name sounds evil," he replied.

"Oh, she is. We go to the same school and she's not very loved."

"I can tell just by the look on her face."

"Yeah... So, a cat toy? I didn't know you have a cat."

Great job in making it awkward.

"We got him just recently. We might have hit him with the SUV..." He said in a whisper.

"Oh, geez... If you're coming for a toy, though, he must be fine, right?"

"Yeah, Belle's okay."

"Whoa, wait. Belle? Isn't that a female's name...?"

"It's a long story."

"That's cute," I said with a small giggle.

Ana Maria, you're working.

"The toys! They're right over thee by the dog supplies," I said, hoping he'd ask for me to join him.

"Thank you!" He exclaimed with a wave goodbye. I stood there, weakly waving back.

Oh, great! You let him get away. Not even an autograph or a picture in hand. Good. Job.

"Not my fault," I whispered under my breath.

******

Okay, I may be changing a bunch of things in here so it doesn't seem so unrealistic... Um... Yeah :)

~Victory