Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Ana Maria's POV

I go in my room and turn on the radio to have music while I shower. I always have to have music on, and right now, "One Thing" just happens to be on.

Something's gotta give now

'Cuz I'm dying just to know your name

And I need you here with me now

'Cuz you've got that one thing

I let out a sigh and start to think of Niall, but my thoughts are interrupted by the doorbell. I look out my window and see John's truck. I haven't seen this boy in forever! Okay, so 4 days, but that's a lot for me! I run down the stairs and open the door.

"John!"

"Ana Maria!" He hugs me real tight when I jump into his arms.

"Why are you here, loser?!" I ask him while playfully punching his shoulder after he puts me down.

"I heard some news about you. It's all over the place, and I want to know if it's true. Unless you hacked his twitter account and used Photoshop...?"

"Okay. I find two things wrong with your theory. 1. How do you expect me to hack anything? And 2. You know I can't use Photoshop for shit." It's pretty obvious he's talking about Niall and I. How else can a girl like me end up in the mouths of others? I'd be secluded from the rest of the world if it weren't for my close friends and this fandom.

"True that. So is it true?" He asks once more.

"Yes..."

"Wow." He sits down,after a long pause on the bench on our porch and sighs. "A British pop star."

"He's Irish, for crying out loud! And he's not even my boyfriend... Yet... Maybe. I'm not sure! But just calm down, please."

"Whatever! ... Still stole... From me..." He mumbles. I think that's somewhat what he said.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing," is his dry reply.

I sit next to him and place my hand on his shoulder.

"I told you and about 3/4 of the school this would happen, but you didn't believe me." He chuckles and nods his head.

"Yeah, I remember that. Everyone thought that you were supposed to be in a hospital."

"I do belong in one, though! Remember that I have- "

"Oh no!" He interrupts. "Don't say it! Don't you dare!"

"One Direction Infection!"

"Agh! My ears!" He yells, covering his ears.

"Wait 'til I start singing!" I yell with a huge grin.

"Oh, God. No."

"I've tried playing it cool!"

"No! La-la-la-la-la-la-la!" Now he puts his fingers in his ears and closes his eyes.

"But when I'm looking at you!"

"Shush! Shut up!"

"I can- "

"- Can't ever be brave, 'cuz you make my heart race." I turn around and see Niall casually leaning on my mailbox with his arms crossed in front of his chest. "Don't tell Zayn I sang his part."

"Niall!" I run over to him and he embraces me in his arms. "I should tell you that I don't like interruptions while I'm singing."

"I didn't want to, trust me." He looks down at me and winks. When I stand back I realized he changed into a gray polo, dark jeans, and white Supras. Handsome! Here I am still in the same clothes from this morning.