Chapter 2

Chapter 2

That evening, I go to leave work and Happy is waiting by my car. I walk to my car and go to open the door and I hear his raspy voice say "Hey little girl." I stop but don't look at him. I hear him walk up behind me. I turn around but don't look at him. "Why do you hide?" he asks. "Not hiding just doing my job." I tell him. He tilts my head up and asks "What did Ima say to you last night?" I shake my head and look down and say "It doesn't matter. I need to go." I say. "Not until you tell me what she said to you." he says. I feel the tears fill my eyes but say "She said I don't belong here and that I'm over the weight limit to be at the party but it doesn't matter. I'm just here to work." I say before trying to pull away from him. "Don't listen to her. She's nothing but a fucking whore. Ain't nothing wrong with you." he says. I nod my head and say "I better go." He nods before letting me get into my car to leave. I cry all the way home.

Happy walks into the clubhouse and sees Ima sitting over to the side talking to some of the other Cara Cara girls. Happy walks over and Ima sees him. She smiles lustfully and says "Hey Happy." He gets in her face and asks "You giving Missy shit about her weight?" She looks at him and says "What's it matter? She doesn't belong here." Ima says. "You say one more word to her and you'll answer to me. You hear me whore?" he asks. She nods her head quickly. He heads out the door and to his bike to go for a ride.

Monday morning, I walk into the studio and Ima glares at me. I walk past and head to my office like I always do. Lyla walks in like she does every morning. "How was your weekend?" she asks smiling. "Quiet. Just hung out at home. How was yours?" I ask. "Good. Watched Ima get her ass handed to her at the clubhouse." she tells me. "Oh." I say. "Over you." she says. "What?" I ask confused. "Yep. Happy walked into the clubhouse and got in her face asking her if she was giving you shit about your weight and told her if she said one more thing to you that she'd answer to him." she tells me. My eyes snap up to hers and for a minute I'm speechless. I finally find my voice and ask "Why would he do that?" Lyla shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know. But Ima has had her eye on him for awhile since Opie and Jax are off limits." she says. "I've barely spoken to him. I've not made any advances on him and he's not made any on me so why is she targeting me? I just want to do my job and go home." I say almost in tears. "Oh honey." Lyla says as she comforts me. "Him saying something to her is only going to make things worse for me. Trust me. I know women like her." I tell her. "Just take it a day at a time." Lyla tells me before heading back to the set to work.

Lunchtime rolls around and Lyla comes to get me. "Lunch is here." she says. "I'm good. Thanks." I tell her. She looks at me and says "You need to eat. When was the last time you ate?" she asks. "This morning. Ate some toast before coming here." I tell her and it was the truth. I did eat a couple of pieces before work. ""I'll eat later." I tell her. She shakes her head before walking out of the office. A few minutes later, Happy walks in with a plate and sits it down and says "Eat." I look up at him and say "I just want to get this done." He shakes his head and closes the laptop before putting the food in front of me and saying "Eat." I nod and start to eat the sandwich be brought me. Sitting down with his own he asks "Why do you hide in here?" I sigh and say "I'm not hiding. Just trying to do my job." I still don't look at him. "You barely speak, you don't hang out, you're hiding." he tells me. "It's just who I am. I don't let myself be seen. Not much to see." I tell him. "Bull shit. Don't let what that cunt says get to you. She sees you as a threat." he says. "I don't see how. I keep to myself. I don't hang out with anyone. No one even sees me half the time." I say. "I see you." he says and I finally look up at him but don't say anything. "I see you." He says again and I just shake my head. All of a sudden, Tig is at the door, "Time to go brother." he says. Happy nods. "Hey Doll." Tig says. "Hi." I say simply. "See you later." he says before getting up and walking out of my office.

Lyla walks in and ask "Did he eat lunch with you?" I nod. "Yeah. He brought me a plate and told me to eat." I tell her. "Good. Someone needs to." she says. "Yeah. Well, now, Ima has seen him in here with me and it's going to be more shit." I tell her before going back to work.

I go to leave for the day and before I can make it to the door, Ima stops me. "You think Happy really wants your fat ass?" she asks. "No I don't." I say. "Then why was he in your office? You think you can handle a man like Happy? Honey would you even know what to do?" she asks. I don't say anything. I push past her and out the door with tears in my eyes. I pull out of the lot and onto the road and head home.

Opie walks in to the clubhouse and sees Ima there. Walking over to Happy he says "What's with you and Luann's girl?" Happy looks at him and says "She's a cool chick." Opie smiles and says "Well, Lyla came home and I guess Ima's still giving her shit. Said something to her again before she left. Lyla said she was crying when she left but didn't tell me what was said." Opie says. Happy sees Lyla walk up and asks "What did that cunt say to Missy?" She shakes her head and says "Happy, don't worry about it. The more you say something to Ima, the worse it gets for Missy." Happy gets even more pissed. "She needs to stop that shit." Happy says. "Yeah, well, Ima wants you and doesn't care what she has to do to get you. She'll do what she has to to keep the other girls away from you." Lyla says. "Well, she needs to stop. I don't want her rancid ass." he says before looking over at Ima. Ima gives a little flirty wave and Lyla asks "You got Missy's address?" Lyla smiles and says "Yeah. Let me write it down for you."

I am sitting on my couch in a pair of yoga pants and a t-shirt when I hear a bike pull up. Looking out the window, I see Happy sitting in the driveway. He walks to the door and knocks. I open the door and before I can say anything, he says "Get ready. You're going to the party with me." I look at him shocked and say "No. That's okay. You should go." I tell him and try to close the door. He stops me. "Why?" he asks. "I'm sure Ima is waiting for you." I say as I try to close the door again and he stops me again. "I don't want Ima." he says. "You should. Just please go Happy." I say. "No." He says and I look at him. "Get dressed. You're going to the party with me. You're going to show that whore that you belong here and that you won't be fucked with anymore." he tells me. "And what am I going to do? Walk in there and beat her ass?" I ask. "If that's what you want but I was thinking just being there with me. She sees you're with me, she won't fuck with you anymore." he says and I shake my head. He walks up to me, cups my face and says "Go get dressed." before kissing my lips softly. I look at him shocked and he smirks and says "Ain't got all night little girl. Bring a bag. You're crashing with me tonight." he says and I look at him shocked. "Happy I won't be another notch in your belt." I say. "You ain't." he says before kissing me one more time. I go to my room and put on a pair of form fitting jeans, my black heeled ankle boots and my favorite Led Zeppelin shirt that is a little form fitting. I pull my hair in a high ponytail and do a little light makeup. Walking out to the living room where Happy is waiting, I grab my leather jacket and he says "You look perfect little girl." before taking my hand and leading me out to his bike.