Chapter one. The mysterious girl.

Melody melted into the seat of the coffee shop while staring at her coffee. It was a dull, grey and cloudy day - she liked it. It felt the way she felt. The only connection she felt to this world at the moment was the sky. Resting her chin in the palm of her hand she looked out the window at the people on the street. She had insight and it hurt. She saw things other could not understand.

She knew everyone's story at a glance and sometimes she wish she didn't know. Everyone has curse and analysing people was hers. One of her skillsets. She was supposed to the psychological analyst of the team, but it just hurt to much so she left home and now works sometimes with the B5 team when they ask for help.

Lysandra and Daciana was already on the jet on their way here when Melody begged to come with - to run away with them - ok not run away, but just leave home base Russia. Be more free.

An old lady - her children has most likely forgotten about her since they had their own kids now and the family has grown apart since her husband passed. Now she is more lonely than ever, but its alright everyone assumes, because there is a lot of friends in the old age home.

A woman passed by with red hair and beautiful clothes. She had a briefcase in her hand and had a look of "I am going somewhere important and I will work hard, because I am determined" and she had a seriously cold expression, but no man could stand a women who did not need a man and succeeded life on her own, Melody could see her mask, the woman was married to her work. She gave up love for a career. Men find successful, determined and powerful women scary? It makes them feel less manly?
A man in his late fifties marched on in his business attire with a briefcase in the hand. He looked cold and greedy for money. A controlling narcissist.
Jip, that was dad alright. At least he is not here. She lived with Andromache (also called Amy and she is the cousin of Captain Alice Yeager of the B5 team) Melody's older cousin. She had to live with Andromache as caretaker - another Scythian warrior to train young Melody. Her keeper. That was dad's only condition on coming.
She eyed the man he was to young to be dad, but he sure was a spitting image.
She was disgusted and recalled her last few unpleasant memories with her father.
Then she realized something. Things might not be all that good right now, but at least she was living the dream - away from home, her troubles, imprisonment, finally independent and free - away from dad!
Dad... the memories of darkness came back. As eldest daughter of the Amazon woman descendants the pressure just became too much. Lysandra had a controlling mother too - so she didn't feel that lonely. It was a typical thing for them. Selective breading for generations to breed the best ancient warriors.
Her offered to get a well trained horse. An obedient horse. Equestrian sports were obviously a strong requirement for a Amazon warrior.

It was worth it being here and to be free. Everything came at a cost, but this was worth it.
She smiled a moment to think that she was living the dream even if she felt like the sky today.

The people walked and Melody's heart sank again. Where did she fit into all this? Biologically engineered ancient warriors raised as soldiers don't belong in this civilian setting...

There was no point of living, because everything is hopeless even with the little gratitude she realized now. Born... to serve.... to fight...

She looked at her dark cup of coffee again - the color of mud, since she almost drank her coffee black, but it was good coffee.

Mud... struggling through the mud in hell week of training. Drill sergeants and generals screaming at a small battalion of 7 to 8 to move their asses.

She looked at the mud coffee and felt like she was stuck in it - stuck in something she did not want... depression. They combined all the physical good stuff to create a warrior, but forgot some crucial stuff. A soul might have been nice.
She doodled away. Sketching a horse in her notepad with longing. Why look at the people when you can draw?
Life was not that bad. It got better she already won the first battle and was healing from the injuries. Its just sad that her depression came back.