Chap 11

"I'm sure Mr Lee miss you."

"I don't know."

He doesn't say or mention anything related to dad. I'm glad he understand that I need a space. We went out again after awhile. I never know I get to spend a day with James again. I never feel this happy when I'm around someone. Last Monday, all I feel is anger. I'm mad that he just act like nothing happened between me and him, without realising how my life turns upside down once he came into my life... He can even smile at me and argue with me.

"I guess bye?" He said, before going back to his house. "Wait!! I have a gift." I said. He's about to reach his the front yard of his house until I reach his arm and hug him. It takes a while for him to wrap his arms around me. Maybe he doesn't expect that I will do this. "Now, you're hugging me?"

"Yea. You hate it?"

"No. I'm good. I'm just, let's just don't talk for minutes.... I don't want to ruin this moment. If I say another stupid thing, you will get angry at me and probably you push me to the road side..." He's pretty tall as he's 6'2. Everytime I'm next to him, I feel like a little girl and the fact that he used to call me short kinda makes me disgusted.

We just standing there, not doing anything, just us, hugging each other as he keeps stroking my hair. I don't mind staying like this forever. Even if the rain is pouring, even if the thunder is storming. He's like a bright sun, warming me with his embrace. I feel safe in his arms.

"My babies!" Both of us turned our head in unison at the female voice that came from behind us. I saw miss, waving at us and I let go the hug. I place a strand of my hair before approach her. She's taking out a box that's full with groceries in it from the car. James walks towards her and help her out as he closed the car door.

"Let me take that."

"Thank you, Jamey! I'm glad both of you already make up!" She added. I only smile at her and walk behind them. "We just had a good time." James said. "My name is James, not Jamey, miss." He added. He, then turned around and winked at me.

"Yea. Food solves everything."

"I'm going to make something special for lunch and I need a little help from both of you." She said. She quickly take the groceries from the box and put it on the kitchen counter. "What are we going to have?" I asked. I'm so in when it comes to, preparing the food. "What about Carbonara and mushroom soup? I bought the garlic bread just now. So, we're all set."

I peel off the onions. I rinse the mushroom with water and chop both mushroom and onions into cube size.

As I'm done preparing the ingredients
I switch on the stove and place the yellow clay pot on the top of it.

I take a spoon of butter before mixing it with onions and letting the aroma fills the atmosphere. "Hmm.. It smells so good in here. I hope you don't burn it." James said. "She can handle it, young boy." Miss said,as she starts tasting the creamy sauce. "I know. But, she seems like a girl that hates going to the kitchen... I thought shes going to complain because of the heat and how its going to ruin her pretty face... "

"Don't you ever underestimate me."

"Chill girl. I don't."

The lunch is ready and three of us start eating. I love it how I get to talk and eat, as if I'm finally having a real connection with human. Back then, while living with the family, I always get the left over and eat it in my room. Everytime dad is trying to invite me and sit with them, my sister probably push me from the chairs and gives me a death glare.

Dad did nothing. He never said it was wrong to that to someone, especially a sister of yours. I can see he's trying to help me but he can't. While,mum she's enjoying the scene and laugh at it. She's proud at her daughter. She get me fell on the floor and I'm speechless. I freeze and I only plead silently while looking at my dad. I have to went through it since I'm 13.